Oz07
Members-
Posts
3601 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by Oz07
-
Get glass worktop protectors from B&M. Dead cheap, can still see the oak through and I put everything on them.
-
When are fibres in concrete not structural?
Oz07 replied to epsilonGreedy's topic in Floor Structures
On a similar note a142 recommended in self compacting concrete if embedding UFH. Why is this? The self compacting usually has plastic type fibres in anyway -
Good suggestion @ProDave I'm guessing thats what a lot here have done? Im not too confident with working out all the maths side though. Could I just pinch the designs i've already been sent. What kind of markup do you think these suppliers are adding?
-
Recently had a quote for 80m2 single storey ufh system. Most of the suppliers are speccing 6 thermostats! Ridiculous for a system all on one floor with a low response time. Would it even be possible for 1 room to be a different temperature to another? Like 5-10 deg c? Told them to change it to two zones. Bedrooms bathrooms and kitchen lounge dining Also cannot get ufh down to rad prices perhaps you all overpay for rads and pipework?
-
Sqm sorry
-
I've worked on rich people's houses but still nothing like that size. The Dunelm mill owner is having one built now. Don't even think that is 1000sq ft. What's the biggest house on buildhub?!
-
Do people actually have houses that big or whole schemes do you mean
-
No ply needed but full compo bed recommended by manufacturers. Seen plenty of plumbers bed on foam. Would strongly recommend against hacking sections of egger deck up, its a complete system. Better option would be to overboard all bathroom around tray if you want it 'lower'.
-
Not so much soup but was in January and just over freezing. Even had extra cement in but no joy.
-
No in bearers screwed into the walls looked like something out of india
-
Got great finish on 20m2 garage slab with planks and hand float. Poured 9am finished 8am next day got lucky really
-
Engineering bricks with through frog holes, a bit daft?
Oz07 replied to epsilonGreedy's topic in Brick & Block
Cause you'll catch a cold on thermals! 6 and 1 for those bad boys -
We all perform the odd stunt i'm not exception, but inviting a camera to film it. Bloke must be mad
-
-
Honestly Quest have a new series on scrap kings. they follow a few firms. I couldn't believe one of them other week. Jumping off scaffold into man cage. Loading from scaffold into man cage. Driving 1/2 mile down road with someone in man cage. I honestly don't know how they wont get a pull now... https://www.questod.co.uk/show/scrap-kings/video/botley-shops/EHD_214416B
-
Accessible Ablutions 3 - Half Way Photos
Oz07 commented on Ferdinand's blog entry in God is in the Details
Why can't you screw another set of hooks further down anyway?- 7 comments
-
- bathroom refurbishment
- bathroom two
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Think the backhoes are a bit more cumbersome as you allude to. Also harder to operate backhoe than you think. I've got a rough terrain forklift. They're a handy tool. Again though the bigger jcb/Sanderson ones weigh around 5t will soon churn up a site.
-
Accessible Ablutions 3 - Half Way Photos
Oz07 commented on Ferdinand's blog entry in God is in the Details
When's the lift going in for the shower tray?! Sorry couldn't resist with thread title- 7 comments
-
- 1
-
-
- bathroom refurbishment
- bathroom two
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Ha I thought these u values had to be hit now regardless of other things to offset. Learn something new everyday. Think I'm going to go with 200mm eps under floor. gives around .14 based on p/a ratio
-
Sorry my bad you're right. Didn't have to enter a password my end
-
Jeremy are you building regs U values right or is it outdated? Thought floors were now .13
-
Thanks @JSHarris. I've generally been finding u value calculators on companies websites i.e. jablite to help me work out U value. I guess your spreadsheet is a form of this except just input the raw data? I will download good to have. Cheers @Russell griffiths will look
-
Thanks all @Russell griffithswhat suppliers are you using? I've just been doing some quick googling and perhaps better prices to be had via merchant? Sure 150 pir looked to be around 50 quid with 150 eps 30 quid. Tbf if only need 1.55 thickness then 225mm ish eps must be getting to bregs u value. .13?
