Oz07
Members-
Posts
3601 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by Oz07
-
@JSHarris Isn't there a rule that you also had to abide by for your bidet style spray head?
-
Looks the dogs
- 13 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- passivhaus
- passive house
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
75 is fine as you're on top of a suspended floor
-
Positive comments for my planning application.
Oz07 replied to Big Jimbo's topic in Planning Permission
Doesn't load up for me. You want people to put positive comments on the application? From hundreds of miles away? -
How to get Howdens prices
Oz07 replied to MikeSharp01's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
@ProDave joiner not a profession wash you mouth out! Been dealing with howdens for 10 years. Think they've lost their way recently. New concept branches and flashy displays all pushing up prices. Just took delivery of a diy kitchen impressed with quality. Also howdens will offer to match them on price but I told them to do one. 50% higher for a start they should be 50% lower being trade only! -
You would never cut it out neat
-
Have you been told 75mm conc ok? Thought 80 was min for structural floor or are you on top of b&b? I've shuttered out before but not with a concfibished floor. I'd try to set a box up level with top ffl so they can polish over then set tray and thinner slab in afterwards if want flush. May need rods?
-
Come do my next house @temp
-
Well did the bungalow throughout. It is so much quicker than traditional way. Didn't have to mask down either as windows still yet to be changed. I think I should have diluted a bit more as while the cup to test viscosity was provided it just said 100 DIN/sec. Whats that mean? However I can probably go round with the pole sander over everything. It will have still saved me time even after that. I set plank runs up in rooms to do ceilings and high level walls. All in all an OK piece of kit for the money, saved me some time BUT would likely pay a professional in future if the money was right (£250 for standard ish sized house I hear, mist coat all around plus extra coat on ceilings)
-
Old Severn Trent site by any chance?
-
Just tiling above bath, shower and basin in current place. I want a matt white tile with a rectified edge and grey grout. the 600x300 tiles are pretty easy to find however I'm struggling to find a 400 x 250 matt white tile with rectified edge. Anyone know of any suppliers? I've gone for a 1200 x 800 shower tray and my thinking is 600 works fine on the 1200 side, but on the 800 side 2 400 cuts probably look best aesthetically, however then tile will almost be square. 400 x 250 probably work better? Likewise with bath its 1700 x 750, what cuts would look ok on the 750 side? Twisting my melon
-
Yeh sorry that makes sense
-
Obviously went home to bed inbetween got better things to do than stare at conny
-
Put a garage slab in January. Poured at 0800 and finished at 0800 next day. No consolation sorry!
-
I thought we discussed this previously. It's less to do with cement content it's more that big mortar suppliers are substituting cement with ash or something at much higher than recommended levels
-
Maybe certificates are relevant to some minute level of performance. Refuse to believe that all these passive slabs have been installed wrong but would be a bit of a laugh I suppose. @JSHarris @PeterStarck digging yours up anytime soon
-
Think must be confused for on top of
-
Are boeing going to end up getting done for corporate manslaughter? It's a bit of a state when a pilot can't turn off all auto pilot or similar controls and just pull up manually. Agree about some of the snags being too much. People maybe don't expect nail pops and settlement now?
-
-
Back boxes and noggins (these are a few of my favourite things)
Oz07 replied to ToughButterCup's topic in Electrics - Other
If boarding vertically then keep your noggins in studwork 1200 off floor then he won't be beavering any for light switches -
Had this exact scenario happen to me and had to dig up as main was dropping pressure. Swapped coupler for one of those multi ones with teeth and rubber o ring was fine afterwards
- 6 replies
-
- mdpe
- water main
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
There's a lot we would all do for forever home I think by the time I've got my golden list together I will be to old and going into a home!
-
Sound a bit touchy about it tbf! I'd of spaced them out more
-
Did all 3 switches need to be that close he's hacking your studs. God I hate when plumbers and sparks get saws out
