Oz07
Members-
Posts
3601 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by Oz07
-
Hard-standing looks good. Better than scratching around in stone!
-
Towards an ICF pour checklist
Oz07 replied to ToughButterCup's topic in Insulated Concrete Formwork (ICF)
As you seem to not be helping ask where kettle is and make everyone a brew- 2 replies
-
- icf
- icf checklist
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
When do you disappear from buildhub then?! Strange how we stick around isn't it
-
Changing electricity supplier
Oz07 replied to Crofter's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
What about hybrids I've got a Casper mattress -
Bought this on the reccomendations this week. Got a bungalow to mist coat this has got to be easier. Any tips for a newb? Ceilings are 2.6 high will I need a hopup or ok from standing height?
-
Very cheap how do they excavate the hole to existing cable for that with all overheads
- 16 replies
-
- electric connection
- mains supply
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
@JSHarris has pvc trim if I remember right Regardless I'd be putting edgings in and keeping surfacing 100/150mm from house with gravel in gap. Pretty sure tarmac would knacker eps
-
Put in what you like they won't enforce. Could create problems on sale but I'd deal with it then
-
Easy. 1x1 or 2x1 all around then arcitrave all around
-
I thought it was 1:12 Fair play get a shed out that afterwards
-
Also a tip for overhead or eaves. Bang a couple of nails half into side of the rafters or joists. When you push the pir up it snags into these and holds flush while foam gets it
-
Another vote for loose and foam. And a mask
-
How accurate is the rule of thirds for development for builders?
Oz07 replied to Moonshine's topic in Costing & Estimating
friend of mine bought a plot in 2012. Had to change planning but recently sold all the units on the site. Paid slightly less than 10% GDV for the site. No that isn't a typo either. Banks were desperate for cash even then. -
How accurate is the rule of thirds for development for builders?
Oz07 replied to Moonshine's topic in Costing & Estimating
It's a cyclical industry. Land values are high atm. That's why the most successful builders have land banks and options on land I reckon in the Midlands plots are regularly going up for up to 50% of final value. Scandalous -
I think the opposite. These cheap made ball bearing hinges are only made for so many cycles. I've gone round blocks of flats changing the lot. Surely for a residential house we could source a decent robust washered hinge
-
Getting ready for air test on a new build
Oz07 replied to joe90's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
Be interested to see the result did you do the tony trays -
Getting ready for air test on a new build
Oz07 replied to joe90's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
Dryline I meant -
Getting ready for air test on a new build
Oz07 replied to joe90's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
What did you do decline or wet plaster? Let us know the results -
Does credit card protection work with these contracts
-
MVHR & combined ASHP for 240m2 new build
Oz07 replied to UncleQ's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
Forget burning the trees you might be glad if the shading in summer with your glazing -
Best way to hang posi joists into different materials
Oz07 replied to Vijay's topic in Floor Structures
Seem to remember someone having problems in the past maybe on ebuild. It was to do with ledger plate and the joists not being tight which made them deflect more. Seem to remember @JSHarris giving advice? -
Why can't u mix 2 lots at once
-
They estimate 90 pcm whereas I gov octopus 55 and just recently had 600 back in credit how do I get the kwh figures?
-
It's unlimited referrals with octopus. Jeremy I might use your link and switch. I'm pretty sure the price difference in energy will not swallow the referral up in a hurry. I plan to move soon anyway
-
Is 2 blokes at slightly less than a week quicker than traditional slating?! What's the cost for the system
