Jump to content

Tennentslager

Members
  • Posts

    1464
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by Tennentslager

  1. Fairly liquid and a big hose
  2. If you put one car up high and park the other below does it not become a double garage...
  3. Top job old fruit... looking forward to the next bit.
  4. What about this one @ryder72 https://www.thewrightbuy.co.uk/cookology-cihdd700-70cm-induction-hob-with-built-in-downdraft-extractor-fan?channel=ppc&&gclid=CjwKCAiAl7PgBRBWEiwAzFhmmjdlaF98ElsOVBAGhGBczobIBRHeBdDLYHjsOxgrjSCNwd8Yvb6B8hoCvZcQAvD_BwE#fo_c=166&fo_k=325cda1175eef92d4356b440b6a86dc2&fo_s=gplauk
  5. Yep I'm loving this house...it's a *bit* like @Redoctober house which is also terrific...that's my excuse for mixing then up.
  6. Okay I'll try. PV sends electrons to thermal store heated by an electric element so you have a store of hot water but lots of heat loss from thermal tank. Alternatively PV sends electrons to a sunamp which stores the heat in a chemical brine by changing its state. Once charged the brine retains the energy and only releases it as required via heating water as it runs through it just like a combi boiler. It has vacuum insulation so negligible heat loss so more efficient but more capital cost.
  7. Oh... easily confused I am...I should know better, been following this since the first post.
  8. Tis most lovely this build...and it's on Skye???
  9. Hey @Alphonsox how come you have the jazzy moving avatar. Did you win the leaderboard or what? I WANNA know...is that @recoveringacademic heart trace after measuring his joists or what is it... intrigued I am.
  10. £250k max unless it's in crazy priceland that's called SE England
  11. New thread time @JSHarris I'm for the Carolina's as a destination. I'll tell you how it looks on Saturday, three months in, its time to visit my middle girl loving Duke University if feeling a little homesick and keen to hear another Glasgow accent ??? Dunno if they have caves, guitar pros, self flying types or storytellers but you might just fit in Sir.
  12. Swap the wall plate for one 50mm thicker each side...they pay. Maybe...?
  13. DH.... Dutch Husband ???
  14. Dutch buildings = narrow stairs. Every house has a furniture hook. More than one way to do it...
  15. Very nice...that some fancy app or lens on your camera?
  16. It's in here... roof_drainage_system_assembly.pdf
  17. Like the white/oak contrast...very nice
  18. Hey @Weebles that's the magic of this place...some generous and thoughtful suggestions to give you plenty to mull over. Hats off to @Onoff for his visuals and work. Choice is yours now, we just want to see the photos as it goes because it looks like a lovely space.
  19. May the force be with you...onwards and...oh bugger. Hope things get better?
  20. On second thoughts it might be a burger to fit a single piece in place. I think you know you need a committed joiner who likes a challenge but it is perfectly doable ???
  21. Where is @jamiehamy we've not heard from you for a while ??
  22. @Onoff what you say...looks like a fairly simple framing job to accept the bendy plasterboard but and it's a big BUT it will have to be dead on to look classy. The edges of the framework touch the edge in some places...just nearly in others. A travelling @JSHarris is your man...eye to detail crucial. What's the diameter of the glass inside? Thinking if less than a standard sheet you could do three templates in 22mm ply with a perfect circle and screw into place...?
  23. Is that wallpaper in bedroom 5?
×
×
  • Create New...