-
Posts
1464 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
7
Everything posted by Tennentslager
-
Lovely, especially like the watercolor effect on older drawings. Did it get built?
- 2 comments
-
- rchitect
- sheffield university
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Welcome Ian, Big Phil my childhood friend's dad worked as a brickie until his late 60's, I always thought it was a hard shift and only for the tough of old boots variety. As I recall he still earned more on price rate than anyone and was always his preferred pricing policy... How are the old bones holding up after 40 years in the trade Ian?
-
If your going branded, I'd recommend some Fairly Platinum for a luxury pad.?
-
Stick build scaremongering or legitimate concerns?
Tennentslager replied to Ben100's topic in Timber Frame
It's Lego... -
Wow that's a mathematician's load of geometry going on there?? In a good way, like it
- 367 replies
-
- ireland
- timber frame
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Ach I believed you and looked...load of dignitaries posing for publicity shots...and ONE of the front door
- 14 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- passive house
- passivhaus
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Visiting a clients new build today and wondered what this was... Turned the tap on and tried it out...wunderbar the water stops immediately. Neat.
-
The Build - plaster boarding and insulation
Tennentslager commented on Redoctober's blog entry in Our Journey North of the Border
Tidy tidy job Ramius...what's going above/in the apex of the dormers. What's the chance you can have a bit of art work in there... Submarine... Family crest... Initials... Year of bulid is traditional -
Thanks guys, I'm back on this now and want to get something submitted before Christmas. @the_r_sole I'll pm you. I think I need some words about method...like 'downtakings supported by X acrow props at X centres' I'll post my final drawings here before submitting
-
The Build - Now on notice !
Tennentslager commented on Redoctober's blog entry in Our Journey North of the Border
Yes it's very good...black cardomon pods and a splash of vodka make it special -
Okay now you've got me thinking. A couple of fillet steaks will be appreciated...but The very best personalised gift would be a new shiney Makita/ DeWalt etc battery...now that must get a wry smile Or cake, everyone likes a cake. A big fat sweet tasty cake...in a box with a ribbon
-
The Build - Now on notice !
Tennentslager commented on Redoctober's blog entry in Our Journey North of the Border
Amazing progress @Redoctober Christmas is a shoe in for your house...can we have glugwine and start drinking at lunchtime ??? -
Yes, very nicely done old fruit. Time to start shopping for new towels
-
Rental... favour...no chance
-
Good quality shampoo... Aussie brand always raised a smile. Trust me a tenner of shampoo and conditioner will be laughed at then appreciated for a long time...
-
Rental property I've been asked to change GU 5.3 spot bulbs from halogen to led but am told the transformer supplying the lights is 24v. Screwfix etc sell led replacement but they are for 12v applications. Is this safe to go ahead? Landlord reckons when they were fitted the spark used surplus kit from s commercial job and the replacement 24v LEDs are only available by the box ( of 150). Any pointers....
-
Latest concrete house on grand designs.
Tennentslager replied to MikeSharp01's topic in Property TV Programmes
Just plain awful -
Planning success for hut number 2
Tennentslager replied to Tennentslager's topic in Planning Permission
Carbeth = Stirling Council -
Did it again on behalf of the management committee, not building this one! Paper and pencil, kept it simple, all dimensions X 1.2m. New hut approved with NO conditions at all, none, zero. This one is 20m into a forest so very very secluded bit with a bit of a view because of the slope. I think the planners are listening to the new Scottish government guidance re hutting so hopefully we will see more people getting into this low cost close to nature stuff in the future. http://www.carbethhutters.co.uk
-
Magic mushrooms I've foraged but always been put of any other fungai by warnings of death Spanish mate loves it though and if I die after he cooks them it's murder isn't it? I bet no one dies, just gets a big bit sick
-
Welcome Claire...what you building? Big or giant Boxy or traditional In any case welcome to the collective ?
-
Best central shed window ever...
-
Found a nice door in a skip 33" x 78"
Tennentslager replied to epsilonGreedy's topic in Doors & Door Frames
Didya steal it...? I usually leave a note with my mates address and a pound coin claiming eco possession under the law of rights act. Just in case it's a sting trap or cctv'ed. Just saying -
@Nickfromwales....fight!
-
Clever that is...
