Jump to content

Oz07

Members
  • Posts

    3601
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by Oz07

  1. BCO usually agree during build providing your as built SAP will still stack up
  2. Providing you have the easement and could lay new pipe I'm guessing if the economics worked for one house it will certainly work for 5! I.e. You should be able to afford a new main with the uplift in value of land
  3. Pm'd
  4. Definitely coming from the flue. @Nickfromwales any ideas?
  5. I wish! seems to be coming out the flue though. Just been outside and is as loud as inside.
  6. My 18month old combi has recently started to whistle on heating. No such sound on hot water. Really high pitched. Got told could be air so bled every rad. None had any air apart from towel rail (highest so seemed to make sense). Was quite a bit in. This hasn't stopped it whistling though. Could there be air in the pump? Why only on heating and not hot water? One thing I did do for the summer is turn off all rads at TRV apart from one where room stat was (no trv) and towel rail. Came on for around 3/4 hour each night to dry towels. Now all rads are back on. Thanks in advance
  7. Wouldn't want mdf linings myself. Can see the advantage with being more stable on a tight program but less workable imo
  8. Henrys pretty bombproof I use it and like you, notice contract cleaners do too. Perhaps as @Ferdinand says try to source a non eu handicapped model. What's this about conversion kit to wet and dry?! also my Henry has lost one of his legs (wheels). Presume you can buy spares but every wheel I've tried to nick off other Henry's never seems to come off easily!
  9. Eaves doors look crisp. What are they and how do they work? Can't see any hinge knuckles and don't appear to be staggered for sliding
  10. Oz07

    Front Gardens

    In case sarcasm was missed I was having a dig at the modern way of paving everything ! btw @ProDave I'd be dubious of that advice. Sure I wouldn't be letting highways claim ownership or control of front portion of any of my ground. There may be some argument for splays which have existed for 20+ years but even then... a prudent housebuilder with a wide enough plot should put the road access at least the visibility splays width away from their boundary
  11. Oz07

    Front Gardens

    Block pave it...
  12. Some saving on that amount well done
  13. What kind of price is that saving on?
  14. Use self compacting Conc not much skill required you will save on labour
  15. I'd be happy and move on. You've got a house you're happy with. As long as it performs ok don't sweat about scores
  16. I genuinely don't think my local authority communicate between BCO and council tax. I've got away with quite a few months
  17. Grabbed a customer by the throat a couple of months ago after being messed about for some money. Best thing I ever did. Got the balance and like to think I made it easier for every following trade that bloke ever uses! Sometimes diplomacy can only get you so far!
  18. You don't need one for a mortgage company to lend on. Pcc with arb architect will do for about 70% of lenders
  19. Silver cloud perhaps. At least if brexit depresses property prices a bit after the event then at least you may have already sold. Plus cutting out finance costs. Just delaying it a bit
  20. How can people be sure of above inflation cost rises for fuel. In the medium term there are loads of poorly insulated houses still around which have no chance of being replaced or upgraded to "a" epc rating. Both the big parties have talked about energy price caps so I would bet against over inflation fuel rises. Anything further than 20 years and most self builders could be downsizing!
  21. Tree officer shouldn't be dictating construction method. Are trees even tpo? Tree officer.. the world's gone mad what happened to austerity. Give them the bullet
  22. What made you concrete under b&b?
  23. You can disagree and go to the appeal inspector who may be more likely to grant. But if discussions are going the right way no point upsetting the Apple cart as by no means a certainty that inspector will approve.
  24. Depending how stretched your council is be prepared to agree a time extension!
  25. Also bit of high level glazing in partition between bed and ensuite possibly easy way of getting light into the room
×
×
  • Create New...