Jump to content

Oz07

Members
  • Posts

    3601
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by Oz07

  1. Pb will rely on a skimmer or filler doing a good job.
  2. Wondered why I always end up with hardwood!
  3. never seen anyone coat a wall plate joint with preservative, rarely see tantalised timber used either (trusses generally not preserved).
  4. Can a 4"/5" hole go in an I joist if placed correctly?
  5. Oz07

    Stairs

    Never knew that. As in if tennon is 12mm thick then mortise not to be 60mm deep or are you on about length of mortice?
  6. Oz07

    EWI DIY

    Where do you learn what components are nessecary? I.e. Expansion every so often etc etc?
  7. Oz07

    EWI DIY

    The main story was on at 0730 if anyone wants to listen back. Seems mainly down to poor workmanship
  8. Oz07

    EWI DIY

    I agree the pieces of paper are worthless just highlighting the fact they come up as a sticking point in conveyancing so often. Is it possible to obtain a warranty on diy installation if your can prove competency?
  9. Oz07

    EWI DIY

    Anyone listening to radio 4 this morning. Something tells me in future solicitors will want to see a warranty or some kind of building control approval
  10. Oz07

    EWI DIY

    Seriously though is it an issue when selling on?
  11. Oz07

    EWI DIY

    Do future buyers look for any kind of warranty with EWI?
  12. Yes trench with router after cutting with chop saw
  13. Yes most timber sizes are quoted stock. Usually lose quarter of an inch to get it planed up. 4" becomes 94mm 2" becomes 45mm etc etc
  14. Usually 5mm added on width for off peg linings. I used to allow 3mm all around when fittings but jam a 2mm packer in now. Can always take more off. I also pack them up a lot now in first floor. Most people tend to have floor coverings approaching 20-25mm off the deck and linings are only 2000mm high. Saves a load coming off bottom of door. @JSHarris are you on "friend"ly terms now !?
  15. Sheiks and watches hey. Bet they don't give out I-watches!
  16. Used it the other week but from a different supplier. Slightly different U Values but more or less the same thing. I had it with Krypton gas and fitted them to existing sash windows. Had to rout out rebates deeper and exchange cast iron weights for lead. It wasn't a bad job in the end but there is better ways to skin this cat. New sashes, smaller moulding and deeper rebate for more standard units (12mm spacer)
  17. Seal them then. Theres product you paint on the brickwork, dries clear
  18. Leave gravel trap between wall and patio, seal brickwork a few courses above dpc couple of options
  19. Oz07

    Sloping pavement

    If you cut the path back a foot away from wall and just plant it up you could of lost height there too. Wouldn't actually need a planter. Be somewhere nice for local dogs to do there business!
  20. Oz07

    Sloping pavement

    I think your kerbs want bringing closer to the edge of your new access. You will gain around 4" in height on the kerb side reducing your fall. Will probably be able to surface ontop of what's there saving you breaking out etc
  21. the window is going to be a cold area. Fair play though you've done a cracking job of the reveals. What's the dpm for don't you think this will affect bonding of the plasterboard to substrate
  22. Oz07

    Wall thickness

    Think I've seen timber frame without cavity internally before. Plasterboard straight on frame. Think I'd prefer the flexibility a cavity offers though. What size service cavity are you allowing for?
  23. Good point about the battens being nailed through ply. Is this not the same?
  24. Obviously bath and separate shower is what I meant
  25. Bath if family. Ensuites also very popular now. With that floor area you'd want a 4 piece bathroom and ensuite if 3 bed?
×
×
  • Create New...