Jump to content

Tennentslager

Members
  • Posts

    1464
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by Tennentslager

  1. Now don't all laugh... East Dunbartonshire I'm in. I still have to add the text. Question is, are the drawings suitable?
  2. Can't find anything about the height of my Christmas tree above the top of the scaffolding...can I have IP69 lights like doing it and also flashing? BC officer says if you ask me that again I'll come around there and fecking smash your head with hammers Now, I can cope with enthusiastic types but I think she has taken 'advice and guidance' just a tad too far... should I complain to the ombudsmen or just, well, get the lights out annoy the feck out of the whole neighborhood?
  3. Hey @the_r_sole Maybe when I have completed my pen and ink BC drawings for my kitchen/diner wall knock through you could cast an eye...I downloaded DraftIT and QCAD and spent a wet Saturday getting utterly frustrated. Got out my A3 drawing board and now I'm motoring, in a few days I should have something that passes muster as my first attempt was sent back by BC for being a bit lacking...
  4. Welcome, nice forum name you got there???
  5. More info needed...what rooms being tiled, what type...you mentioned vinyl, is this just bathroom? New build or renovation, is the sanitary ware fitted? Do you mean to ply and screw on top of floorboard before tiler guy returns, did you ask him what he would recommend...
  6. Are the disks not self adhesive...?
  7. @Onoff will make you one for a tasty price...chute, insulated and with an app that differentiates between cheques and junk mail. Easy
  8. Does a lady going through *the change* not produce X10 the heat of a typical person. Might be an important control matrix consideration, especially if her sister visits too
  9. Nice pics and great you have some positive progress going on. Onwards and upwards ?
  10. I designed my hut based on standard sheet sizes so the everything was a multiple of 1.2. I.e. room dimensions 4.8m wall height 2.4 etc. Meant less cutting and no waste although not always as doors need to go where suits and that isn't always 1.2 from a corner!
  11. £3654...is expensive...I had a boiler replaced ( back boiler in fire place) new combi, new gas fire and an extra radiator added for under £2000
  12. Top progress...these pics show how strong a slate roof is too. It's like three layers of solid stone thick and perfect for our wild weather. Top job
  13. A picture would help to see what the current one looks like. Tiny and 160sq/m don't compute to me though...
  14. Yup, roads here are relatively clear, schools and hospitals great and we have pubs AND coffee. Nae much hot sun though but hey hey during the hot spell recently no one was a sun fan after 20 days of it?
  15. Where would you put them all on this overcrowded island though? We are not overcrowded...really we are not, even in the south east. I used to go to Oasis, now CentreParcs by Penrith. Driving the A66 you see the forested hill from a couple of miles away...you'd never know there's hundreds of posh lodges et al nestled in there. It is very possible but not cultural which is very hard to change. Check out Google maps, there really is NO shortage of land almost anywhere in the UK
  16. Seemingly there's one hut per every 11 scandavians, so one per every single extended family and pretty much everyone has access. Owning a second 'home' carries no stigma as it's so universal and does not have the economic impact as here what with holiday home ownership etc. My point is...you can have a cheap, comfortable away place and built it yourself on a meagre budget. Me and swmbo work in the voluntary sector so not the best pay and unfortunately poor pensions too...but...we could afford a really nice holiday hut. This is an initiative worth pushing as it blends DIY, upcycling and nature. If more of us had family huts, self build houses would not seem such a far away dream. And for the record, I top the leader board for £ per sq/m... furnished for under £300.???
  17. What's the plan... induction hob...or just sockets?
  18. As the English teacher said There are no examples in English language of two adjacent affirmatives meaning the opposite... Aye right, said wee Scottish Johnny
  19. Hey @Construction Channel how are your stairs getting on? If I recall you have access to a big old planer...I'd @jack not quite nearby...no pressure ???
  20. Dobber Rocket Walopper Numpty All popularised in home made signs when that walloper Trump came to visit recently. My favourite was Yer Ma was an immigrant ya rocket
  21. Can you teach us some Celtic expletives? They always seem to be very good.  Hmmm... Tool Spanner Fud Fanny Complete fanny *ank hole Streak of *iss Off the top of my head...?
  22. Btw @mods you missed [.... expletive deleted by a nasty Mod.... ] It's my go to from now on after you binned all my other expletives
×
×
  • Create New...