Jump to content

Oz07

Members
  • Posts

    3601
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by Oz07

  1. Well 10mm on plumb in a 2 storey house is acceptable. Normally 5 m ish. Tbf it should be straight on a line horizontally but 20mm may not be end of world
  2. 25mm dab bloody hell!
  3. This must happen all the time on commercial sites. I bet theres a metal system like then use internal for dry lining? @nod? That jumbo stud they run up the walls can get over any problems
  4. thanks for sharing
  5. Is a PM generally a better value option than a contractor? What incentive do they have to keep in budget? (sorry to digress)
  6. Wonder if the doors have 2 tennons. Don't like to see flush bolts on face of door can compromise joint. I'd be trying to reglaze and and resquare packing as you would a upvc door to keep square
  7. https://dasoutdoors.co.uk/collections/army-surplus-store-in-the-uk just seen this on another forum
  8. There's a good auction site online with army surplus Google is your friend
  9. Maybe their glad for the custom. I sense recession approaching. Who knows when though
  10. Not necessarily. Has it gone up in value or down? Not forgetting you've pinched half the garden
  11. Yeh tell me about it I tried to fit hers on my own had to get a hand. They're a lot more than standard wall extractors aren't they. Is there any benefit or all aesthetic? If I hear one more of you lot of a certain age tell us how high interest rates were and how hard it was zzzzz!
  12. What's your flush overhead extractor cost @nod? Built a bulkhead for a woman before she realised how expensive they can be!
  13. Probably easier to do way no.2 anyway. Not sure how it will effect the usability/feng shui?
  14. I might go. Is it worth it or just a jolly
  15. Would the capital gain be calculated on what you paid or the rise in value since you moved out? I would guess in this case if op has split the garden then perhaps there is not such a big gain regardless?
  16. I agree is worth it however paid more like 130 cu. Did away with need for pump we pulled it 8m with rakes easily
  17. Think you're good to go. Just double check the time period. At worst the new bungalow could always sit "empty" while you still live in old house while it sells
  18. Just seen bull float mentioned we have only ever raked then dabble barred
  19. Used it quite a few times now. Brilliant stuff does self level to an extent but needs skilled bloke to get spot on. Never had to latex a floor done with it yet. Tarmac have binned all their reps round here. I've got a 9m3 pour next week using a competitors product. Paying an ex tarmac rep 35 per cu to lay with me.
  20. I tried to get quotes without zoning. These people are off their heads if they think you could have any noticeable temperature difference in a well insulated house. For some reason they don't seem to agree with this school of thought. I think the expanding tape will be good for around pipes, but you could pick up a small roll from a merchant yourself.
  21. OP just as an aside if you check your planning a lot of the time it will be worded such that- IF gates are installed. Do you actually want the gates? Not seen many conditions insisting on gates. It's more to do with the setback.
  22. Oz07

    Plaster boarding

    Neat boarding
  23. I always water test. Bit of a luddite but you know what you know. Just remember to put some longer stubs on when doing as your supposed to create 1m of head. I don't think I've ever had an all plastic system lose any water yet. Pretty much foolproof. Even those flex seal couplers are pretty much 100%
  24. Cant tell if joke or...
×
×
  • Create New...