Jump to content

Oz07

Members
  • Posts

    3601
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by Oz07

  1. Chuck key bloody hell blast from past
  2. Looks good. Lot of area. What did you pay for the crates?
  3. Never minded showering in open at the gym. They all seem to be enclosed nowadays
  4. @nod Whats longest length of that ceiling track? I only ever see 3.6's How much is the overlap if joining together? Do you fix a channel to perimeter? Assume you always use 15mm boards with this as your not going to be able to nog the end joints of boards
  5. I'd be looking to incorporate some angles pieces in those sides. Going from bottom corner closest to house to top corner away from house like a hidden gallows bracket. One or two in centre as well
  6. You sure @JSHarris that cutout. Everytime I read it I get a different meaning for those ducts! Unit in cupboard in warm space. Plan was for incoming and external ducts to go straight up through ceiling into roof space then out through roof vent tile. Ducts to rooms to either go via cold loft (but insulated) then back down into rooms OR Into ceiling void then into rooms. Whats the tightest bend these ducts can form?
  7. Unit in service cupboard below airtight layer for easy servicing Would this lend itself to manifold in same cupboard? Would it then impact the decision on where supply vents go?
  8. Thanks both for replies Would I be right in thinking the ducts to rooms would be 'fresh air and exhaust air' in the note above? The insulation doesn't seem so critical in these so perhaps in the loft with the loft wool layered around seems viable. The main ducts will obviously have a more detailed insulation but these will be relatively short runs. The property is single storey. I'm nailing OSB on underside of trusses to for airtight layer a bit like yours @joe90. Bit of a suspended ceiling below this to prevent plumber and sparks from creating a million holes in OSB. The question i'm considering is to push the MVHR pipes up into loft or increase void and keep in insulated airtight layer. Pros and cons with each I suppose. Probably have to seal up 10 penetrations if have in loft but get away with a smaller void. I'm not particularly limited with overall building height as I had it drawn quite high for planning.
  9. My friend in oz had a long drive running to his shed which used to flash flood. Put in 2 runs of channel drain running diagonally sorted it out. Maybe 2 lots of standard size is cheaper than 1 special big size?
  10. I have the option keeping MVHR ducts above or below loft space.Trying to decide based on practicalities and headroom. How much insulation do these ducts need over/around them? There will be plenty in the loft so will be well covered but would this be enough? It would be more straightforward to keep them in a small suspended ceiling space below this but I don't want to create a particularly low ceiling and I reckon these will need minimum 150mm void to form a 90 bend?
  11. I'm paying in between those figures
  12. the cold form is good the 10mm is a right bar steward to get pipe in
  13. Cant you use a speed fit coldform bend or is the pipe a lot stiffer than s/fit?
  14. Who's the tennis court hurting then- Sorry I'm aware of wider implications but this country is planning mad.
  15. Sorry to digress how much thermal performance is gained by using pu foam or is it more about air tightness or something?
  16. Bloody hell that's immense for 2 homes. Must be worth a few bob when done? What do you think you'll spend on muckaway? How much ea load
  17. You know to contact openreach rather than bt?
  18. Apparently a lot of 8 wheel tippers now struggle to carry 20 legally. Body and all the bells and whistles are getting too heavy
  19. You won't get 20t on a grab more like 16. What size machine you having digging?
  20. I've never know Some one so certain about the weather you should get a job on the news
  21. Move it if it puts your mind at rest. Tell the builder its stressing you out and you want to pick a dry day. Cant put a price on sanity
  22. Whats happening friday then is Noah setting sail at the zoo?!
  23. Sorry to hear. Atleast you've got the right perspective, put it behind you and crack on. I think i'd struggle to have that perspective the next day so fair play to you!
  24. Obviously I'm talking about 2 different pumps here, dirty water and concrete pumps!
×
×
  • Create New...