Oz07
Members-
Posts
3601 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by Oz07
-
They can pour concrete underwater. Unless your mixing it in it should mostly displace it. Await a boffins explanation... Get a pump, pump trenches out before pouring then leave well alone. They using a pump to get it round the trenches? I think far worse crimes are committed when builders have it piss wet to help rake it round
-
Got broken in to last night ....
Oz07 replied to ToughButterCup's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
When I was there most tradesmen left kit in back of utes. Wouldn't think nothing of leaving kit in back while going into shops. I had a mate from South Africa who said it's a burglars paradise in Australia. Much less low level criminality. May change now ice and drugs getting a foothold? -
@joe90 So you'd just turn off the whole manifold? Is it not preferable to isolate each run? Take it you have a service valve before each tap etc?
-
@joe90 Why not bother with isolating valves? @Nickfromwales With these plastic manifolds which are the best isolating valves to use for longevity? Speed fit ones? Normal compression ones? Full bore ones? (on mains pressure system)
-
What happens if you use the ufh pipe instead would be vermin resistant?
-
Same as you. I've heard kommerling is good?
-
Norwich council houses entered for the Stirling prize
Oz07 replied to joe90's topic in New House & Self Build Design
any links? -
Is there a sensibly priced manufacturer or profile I should be looking to when seeking UPVC windows. Are all profies pretty much the same i.e. extruded bits of plastic or do some have integral insulation? or some other enhanced feature? I'm happy to accept the 20-30 year lifespan
-
If you've purchased conveyancing has hopefully thrown up a few clues with utilities maps and wording of any covenants or easements.
-
@JSHarris @joe90 why would you be concerned about using concrete? Surely in bang for buck terms it could last 500 years. As your houses well built and low energy surely this offsets any concerns.
-
Furring strips are fine. I used 3" difference in course height across 3.6m garage so no strips needed there but horses for courses. You may struggle to get t and g osb at sensible money depending on local stockists. You'd only need 4 rows of noggins to catch all joints on square edge.
-
Just say to achieve x amount of db reduction. Make sure x is the building regs figure. 38?
-
Always better to have more room than less. Can knock a tread off or pitch down. Other way round it's squeaky bum time when bco walk round. Not that they actually do anything nowadays apart from look at your level threshold
-
That one I linked looks to be @PeterW Also ardex do one k80 I think
-
As in last at work? Are they upto harsh site works
-
Mines not so bad in contrast I reckon 3mm over the lot. Was out there rescuing it at half 7. Just underlines what a skill concreting is and how little of that skill I have!
-
Another option would I be as well to grind and seal it? It's quite level and new so perhaps could get away with high grit disc?
-
Caught a bit of a cold today doing my garage floor concrete. Managed to rescue it to a half acceptable standard. What products can be used over the top to finish it off? I've seen this https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.travisperkins.co.uk/Cementone-Cempolay-Ultra-Strong-Self-Levelling-Floor-Compound-25kg/p/741202&ved=2ahUKEwjq9M_g6YDlAhW_WhUIHcsSALAQFjAGegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw30IiISkM_tZhOwYHsj2XKw I've also seen epoxy paints but they look expensive and prep work looks a pain. Then there are the pvc floor tiles but look expensive for what they are. For context the garage may have a car in 5% of the time. The one I built in January hasn't had a car in yet so it's mainly for kit. Thanks in advance
-
What are these filtration systems like is mains water that bad for you? I just fancy a softener
-
I thought they meant it was the other way round ie house being built twice expensive however looking at it probably not. Polycarb ha I was thinking this bloke is going to regret these cheap materials but perhaps perspective changes if you're in his position
-
I bet that scissor truss house was a good performer walls looked thick. Didn't look a Mickey mouse job
-
Anyone watching tonight. Just flicked through. Those scissor trusses looked good inside never seen them before. Wonder if insulated on top to remove cold bridges
-
Are you talking including the board. Sorry I thought you meant just the dab
