Jump to content

Oz07

Members
  • Posts

    3601
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by Oz07

  1. Oz07

    Flexible caulk

    125 or 175 @PeterStarck? The 175 is available at toolstation
  2. Just buy square twist then no point having 2 types of nails on the job. One nail will do both jobs, the other won't.
  3. Oz07

    Flexible caulk

    Gaps are tiny I think that's the problem not enough material to flex. If you read that 175 mds they reccomends 5mm gap! Interesting though it says vinyl matt paint is very inflexible so is usually the paint cracking not the caulk
  4. Oz07

    Flexible caulk

    Overbuild 175 looks to be a contender designed more as a sealant than caulk think these seem to be more flexible
  5. Oz07

    Flexible caulk

    Cmon then whats the best make in peoples experience? I've tried a few still not found the best caulk to resist cracking. I can safely say Brewers own brand is rubbish
  6. Always use square twist as that's what I get for any flooring hangers etc. You could get a bag of clouts and test him, if he goes to use these on any of your hangers bin him off.
  7. My normal wacker would fit in that trench.
  8. No no no. Square twist nails
  9. Forgot to say I'm your other thread but hopefully your chippie should know. I leave all the cutouts round stairwell 100mm or so oversize. Cut back at first fix. If sweeping water over these edges and putting ladders up etc it's nice to cut back to a fresh edge when all watertight.
  10. Stepped invert backdrop for inspiration. Not perfect but has done the job for 18 months without issue. No rest bend just couple of 45s. Was a storm on same level hence stepped invert
  11. I think going through a noggin is a lot less important than going through a stud. Not sure i'd want a 75mm hole in 89mm CLS
  12. 2 days is fine you're not going to do it in one if complex and nobodies going to kill themselves to earn half a day the next day. I would guess his truss estimate is miles out. Something like that take a Joey and me a week with all the bits and pieces, valley boards fascia soffit etc
  13. Also depending how complex the layout 2 days is plenty. I can do a pair of semi's in a day with a good labourer
  14. Just nail the first row to keep it straight. Honestly that glue goes off so quick. If you get any troublesome bits over hangers that aren't sitting flat perhaps screw these while the glues goes off then remove screws later if you wanted
  15. you mustn't value your time very highly if you digging that by hand. A guy I use would do that as an 'on the way home' job.
  16. Dollies Forklift? Glass suckers if unglazed
  17. That armstead is good then at 5 quid. Read the reviews
  18. How much is this dulux? The armstead gets better reviews and is about 50 quid for 10l
  19. Used 15mm on latest place ceilings. Defintley flexes less on the 600 centres but I always used 12.5 with noggins before and never had a problem. Horses for courses
  20. Allow for tile height you can always make a small ramp internally out of some 4x1 to please building control if you go lvt. Don't want it to tight anyway nice to have a matt behind door
  21. I read really good things about Armstead durable matt emulsion
  22. Na nothing to say you can't pave right upto the house crack on
  23. It's lasted 90 years think it will be okay
  24. I've done 18t in an afternoon by hand before
  25. What is the big concern with formaldehyde products I've never really took notice
×
×
  • Create New...