Jump to content

Oz07

Members
  • Posts

    3601
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by Oz07

  1. Can you still achieve the u values with 50mm insulation of is it different with is being above a basement? Looks good
  2. If your plumbing is off a manifold and you put an isolation valve before the appliance what does achieve?
  3. Yeh you're not passing thru wall crack on
  4. 65kg ea! You need to eat your spinach I'd guess half that for 2ft slabs
  5. That had conc lintels on each leaf above. It's a bad photo to put up really in terms of brickwork!
  6. Want me to send your worrying head into overdrive @AnonymousBosch ? Have you allowed for any differential settlement. This is in a 150mm pipe but by regs should be 200mm. 50mm all around if going thru a wall. What's your foundation detail?
  7. How long to clean out?!
  8. Can of worms was a long discussion here some time ago do a search for cdm here. Basically not many self builders bother with this but dyor
  9. Had similar problems myself @Barney12 didn't find the quality to be bad but their qc is lacking and a couple of missing bits. Took around 6 months to resolve. One of my problems was a base decor end only painted properly one side. Guess where you see the poorly painted bit. When I raised this the girl had the cheek to suggest they were the only company who routinely finished both sides and questioned why the back needed to be painted. Idiots. This time I went with a local supplier. Good gear at good price. I always used to use howdens but find their pricing has gone crazy in recent years. They can't compete Any more. Keep offering to match my lower prices after quoting 25% higher to begin with
  10. Not seen it here in any kind of quantity. The special moulding racks at the merchants with the intricate mouldings are done like this, also the door stops in the door linings I recently put in were like this. Never seen skirting or arc done like that here just pine
  11. @oranjeboom I initially thought the same, but is it really that crucial you get some trim on? I'm going to wait it out
  12. Even better recycled crushed concrete 10mm clean where I am 10 quid a tonne
  13. I had a local price of 1.20ish per m on 4" 18mm and 80 something p on 57mm x 18mm arc Delivery got let down before the lock down but they are hoping to deliver around 20/4 Online prices are stupid as you see @oranjeboom I'm not that desperate to get a bit of trim on that I'll overpay by stupid amounts even if it is relatively small cost of the job
  14. Will the rain bounce off those bins and mucky up your nice render?
  15. BT was a good pension my mam has half of one. Like you say quite a few got good packages too
  16. What size you using? I got a solid 3 days graft out of a little e10 for less than 20 quid in white
  17. Clay drainage doesn't need bedding. Your trenching has to be good
  18. I think there is a rule for that too. I upgraded some sash windows with slim line units for some elderly customers a couple of years ago I did look into reduced rate but didn't qualify for whatever reason.
  19. Contractor would be better off bunging customer 200 cash back after the job and going with latter option
  20. Just ran the numbers for that example for fun. At 7500 with vat split at 20% of 5k and 5% of 2500 total cost to end user is 8625 with 1125 of that vat payable. If contractor increases cost of job to 8334 net to get 60% then total cost to end user is 8750 but only 416 of that vat. Wonder why vat man have these little rules?
  21. I thought he said ardex to self level then stick matt down with tile adhesive
  22. Also valid for renovations on properties unoccupied for 2 years. Again no self claim method has to be supply and fit through contractor
  23. Funnily enough merchant I use keeps carcassing outside although covered over with the wrapping the pa ks coming but cls inside. I know another merchant who does the same. I'm pretty certain cls should have a lower moisture content by definition. Ideally I suppose it needs to stabilise before you wrap any timber else like you say trapping wet in
  24. My understanding is cls has a lower moisture content than standard carcassing so moves less when settling
×
×
  • Create New...