Oz07
Members-
Posts
3601 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by Oz07
-
Connecting to old sewer on Private property
Oz07 replied to Ivan_England's topic in Waste & Sewerage
Would be an indirect connection if there already happened to be a branch cut in ? -
A couple of budget figures please?
Oz07 replied to Robert Clark's topic in House Extensions & Conservatories
1800 ish each maybe- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
Tree felling estimate...
Oz07 replied to Mulberry View's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
@Russell griffiths -
How many bags was that set @nod
-
If it's raft don't worry about the band seals
- 24 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- inspection chamber
- foul water
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I'd maybe change the couplers for flex bands where coming out thru wall. Bit more leway with any future ground movement. Sure the couplers will work fine if you don't want to though
- 24 replies
-
- inspection chamber
- foul water
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Hope not else I'll be in the shit
-
On this latest place I've stuck the skirtings 9n with pins and foam. Its a decent fixing but apparently they are easy to remove in future without damage to wall. Scraper or bread knife down the back.
-
Personally in latest place I've just accepted when the mdf skirt firs up from mopping I'll replace it. I started a thread on here but couldn't get any definitively moisture resistant gear. How often are you planning to be flooded @Mr Punter?
-
@ProDave you been in the Sam Smith pub by the river in York?
-
I used howdens burford traditional in last house I really liked it and did have a thin edge. Your plastering has to be good else would look naff. Only 15mm thick though.
-
I think this modern satin paint is the culprit. Old gloss was good not much stuck to it. I went round the other week and redid the top edges of the skirts it kitchen diner and hall. I have a weekly cleaner who wipes these edges and muck still became ingrained
-
Grohe - minta
-
You just pick whatever tap complies for bregs then fit whatever you like. That's what I do anyway. Just put a grohe mints in today and was very Dissapointed. Flow rate is terrible as the tap is on tiny flexi s to fit all 4 pipes within the tap body. I can't fault wayfair customer services. Full refund without having to return tap. I have had poor customer service from Victoria plum lately.
-
Handling transition into garage on raft foundation
Oz07 replied to jack's topic in Garages & Workshops
Good idea -
Quickstep do a vinyl skirting to match their flooring but isn't cheap. They even do it for the floating floors. Couldn't you do a tiled upstand to match floor? Still have architrave problem though
-
Square edge worktop - mitre or butt...
Oz07 replied to Carrerahill's topic in Kitchen Units & Worktops
-
Square edge worktop - mitre or butt...
Oz07 replied to Carrerahill's topic in Kitchen Units & Worktops
10mm mason mitre best for this job -
No crack on
- 24 replies
-
- inspection chamber
- foul water
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
That gypsum stuff is good but not sure it's right if you want solid feeling whenever I've worked ontop of it always seems to have a tiny bounce/vibration. I think you want to go as thick as possible if solid feeling is your key criteria so maybe traditional screed best bet?
-
You can cut each board to the length of the one below it, hold it in position then holding another bit of timber underneath the roofing mark a line. If you make this bit of timber the right size it will give you the right size cut for your board to sit in the right spot
-
above ground ringbeam . Underground Drainage and shuttering.
Oz07 commented on Patrick's blog entry in Timber Portal Frame - but stick built
Coming along. Did you have to compact the backfill or dies it not matter if ring beam connect to piles?- 3 comments
-
- diy
- groundbeam
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
It was done on my last build. Wall hasn't separated at the bottom yet. I had to slit the cavity batts 225 vertically so the insulation overlaps ffl by 225
-
I've never heard of a rule where you can't have both in same joint. The brickies will normally roll the doc out first then put the ties on top. As much as they are supposed to butter the doc felt down it rarely happens so the tie's wouldn't be doing much if below the felt
-
Yes. You can pick different size profiles when you order your doors depending on product. Just get one which is big enough for the 3", your floor covering and a slight protrusion
