Jump to content

Oz07

Members
  • Posts

    3601
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by Oz07

  1. He had some good knowledge, shame
  2. Is it not that the definition of sustainability is different for planners and builders. Builders think construction terms, planners think of village/schools/employment? What happened to @Sensus
  3. Were you in a conservation area?
  4. Just getting it changed from class q to full. Any tips? Might be interesting for future reference.
  5. Membrane is taped and linked down to parge coated blockwork. Only 3 penetrations in membrane all taped around
  6. Here's my hybrid. After much procrastination I went with the membrane as opposed to OSB. created a void below trusses for services.
  7. How did you manage the planning
  8. I've never seen ceilings done first. Round here the boarders get paid low 3 quid per m2 whether it's one massive area or small rooms. Not saying it can't or isn't done but I always fix top plate to the underside trusses
  9. Like @wozza I've not had the problem others discuss. My plumber always likes to oversize the boiler though. I thought showers can go down to about 6l per min now? Also in new place with the manifold setup I find the water pressure drop is much less of an issue. Ie if flush loo while running basin it is barely noticeable whereas in houses where they share one 15mm supply the tap often slows.
  10. I don't think 900 is that bad. Its 2 days in a workshop with the finishing and lacquer. Regardless of materials that's got to be 500 of anyone's dough with the overheads and labour. Add in material and profit. I doubt you're going to find it for half the price.
  11. Depends think fd30 or 20 is pretty easy to achieve which is why they are using crittal glass
  12. Mine too but probably only used 15 times max
  13. That's the problem with these. I think the clue is in the name. Quality seems fine but missing or damaged and your looking at a week minimum delay. Ok for someone doing it themselves not ok for a professional with dates to manage.
  14. I had the kanuf 34 blown in before and had to buy quite a few batts to stuff all round the top of the cav. Don't know if it was nessecary
  15. How did u do the fingers again
  16. Yeh I've got a few bungs 6" and 4" always like to test drainage to 1m. To be fair though I've never had a bad pvc underground joint. Sometimes I've had an air bubble/lock in a temporary fitting or something which can play tricks on you
  17. If you can afford to loose a couple of inch a metal jumbo stud infront of the existing wall would be cleanest and easiest. Not sure how it performs db wise but I'd imagine well as have seen it on plant of building conversions to flats. @nod?
  18. Is anyone going to specifically say if they are bad underground or not. Most trench blocks I've seem are aerated and the party line is that the air pockets absorb the freeze thaw cycle better
  19. What about celcons which are transverse rated. I've used them in a block and beam before now as was getting cheap. They're sold as a one size fits all product.
  20. Think I pay 1.50 per m2 labour for brickies to insulate
  21. Underground?!
  22. Oz07

    Soffit lights

    Ah maybe different in soffit then
  23. Oz07

    Soffit lights

    https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwiF1riC5-3pAhW3gFAGHcI4AY4YABAKGgJkZw&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAASE-RoovGd9vh9fOC8P_E-HYwFToY&sig=AOD64_2GHVC2Je1hXKPe9s6WbhEk0P3yMg&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwiYkrGC5-3pAhXXh1wKHRx1DSkQwg96BAgKEBw&adurl= Went for brushed finish
  24. Oz07

    Soffit lights

    I think mine are ip65 Just went for the low profile leds
  25. Poses the question does it matter if an airated block cracks below ground once back filled?!
×
×
  • Create New...