Jump to content

Oz07

Members
  • Posts

    3601
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by Oz07

  1. what's the saying about if you want a job doing.... People who are good and I have a decent relationship with I generally don't even talk money till the job is done and ask what I owe them. It is rare to find people you can leave to something who match or exceed your expectations. Theres a bloke round here who does bespoke joinery and he's so passionate about it his work is mint. I'm a joiner and I wouldn't even attempt the stuff he does. That being said I'd probably have to ask him what's its gonna cost beforehand some of the stuff is eye watering
  2. Its all well and good saying 750mm which we do but have you ever seen the depths that the water boys actually put it in at. Multiple times i've seen them within 400mm of the surface they're lazy when it comes to obstacles and connections
  3. My god me and this bloke are kindred spirits
  4. Those 2 doubles either side of the hip wont be light either, they will already be fixed together
  5. Also when are they being delivered? a good drink in the drivers pocket could get the heavier ones up on the scaff
  6. Ring round your hire shops and see what the longest youngman you can rustle up is then if you can get the trusses up placing them will be easy. Looks at be around 5600 overall on your placn so 5400 young man should span plates.
  7. @epsilonGreedy I've handballed them up loads before but when they're attic trusses and top heavy sometimes its more aggro than its worth. If you paying your guy/s on a day rate then sometimes its penny wise pound foolish. Do you have a photo or plan of the top floor layout? Do you have anywhere you could shoot a young man over the plates with a middle wall or tower scaff?
  8. Yes I am waiting between 1-2 months for a new fridge with no firm date. Its a good deal though so patience needed
  9. think 50mm is to do with hanging weight ie tiles. 25x38 should be okay for slate but double check
  10. 25mm lath for 600 centres. 19mm lath for 400 centres. Perhaps he's been on jobs with wrong thickness lath
  11. I can swing and hardware 4 oak in a day tbf but don't think i'd be running round like an idiot throwing egg box doors in for 35 a shot man has to have some pride!
  12. Who the hell is swinging and fitting ironmongery for 35 quid a door these days. That is some slave labour price fair play.
  13. @LSBI got pulled over for the same thing on hard shoulder of M6 when a services was only a couple of mile ahead. I was insured on my own policy to drive vehicles third party but the eagle eyed copper spotted a woman wasn't driving which is why I was pulled over. I was disgusted at the time. Too many lazy police out there looking for the easy nick. They don't even respond to proper crime anymore but have got the time to analyse insurance policies and pull people over
  14. Dip an offcut of dritherm in a water butt or puddle. I've seen it sat in a puddle for days, lift it up and the water just repels off. Doesn't wick or soak up at all really.
  15. I got 1.19 on my air test tony with parge. I reckon both methods would be as good at sealing the blocks. Disadvantage with parge coat is if it cracks behind plasterboard stuck on you wont know whereas you can see and fill any cracks in proper plaster.
  16. The green blue and red looks straight out of some government office or emergency services. Would be far too bold for my liking...I imagine some designs suit it though
  17. What are you making anyway @ToughButterCup window linings?
  18. Silicone spray. Sometimes makes it gum up more but the cutter or tool slides easier....Im not up to speed with the science https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwiO6tXmnenrAhXIgFAGHQ5GCHEYABAdGgJkZw&sig=AOD64_2KqP3ORzDwPjdEdv4-kF9RdXxrtQ&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwih9c7mnenrAhWSEMAKHdkLCz4Q9aACegUIDRDPAQ&adurl=
  19. Aren't weather conditions also more crucial to GRP?
  20. Inward T on plan - get them off land registry 3 quid
  21. Think @PeterStarck just has a couple of electric towel rads for heating?
  22. Great views. House looks good too!
  23. Yes the flush action does seem stronger
  24. I've got one now. I dunno I suppose they are but it's not anything life changing
×
×
  • Create New...