Jump to content

Oz07

Members
  • Posts

    3601
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by Oz07

  1. They were good 10 years ago when they had transparent pricing and quoted you a mini mix rate per cube and an over 4m3 rate per cube. They've all gotten greedy now and want to quote you based on exact amount. You struggle to nail down what your paying per m3 if you're not sure how much your having which kind of defeats the object in a way.
  2. I'd be getting them to re fit for free if so based on them manufacturing too big out of tolerance. Eat some humble pie and buy your builder a crate of beer to grind off all the mortar or whatever he built it up with
  3. Will your threshold still be level with floor finish if you remove all (or most) of packing underneath them?
  4. There is a certain volumetric outfit near me that always tick the added water on site box even if you dont. I sussed them on the last job and told them I wasn't signing. Its just so if ever there is a quality issue down the line they don't cop the blame. Arse covering.
  5. My god what an interesting tale. Builder will love recounting that down the pub. Be interesting to see what tolerance your 11k door company work to. I can appreciate a brickie getting an 8ft opening quarter of an inch too high, especially if rsj out of level. For a door company to survey after aperture is built, tell you the hole is wrong size then still make door 4mm too big I think it's their problem! Bet they wouldn't want to replace £££
  6. Has anyone here just comsidered a boiling water tap and doing away with dhw to kitchen
  7. Lol-sorry couldnt help my self
  8. Never got that far into it. Fair play for being so detailed. Most just spec a maximum deflection.
  9. Minimix not man enough for u mate
  10. spoil from the nearest spoil heap. I think it depends how wet your ground is likely to be. @nod concreted and put drains in his but never seen it done around my area
  11. What a jobsworth
  12. Too late for OP but I prefer as i've laid drains extend all your pipes up by 1m. Bung them from the closest IC then fill up and leave while BCO visits for DPC. Discuss with him and get him to tick his box that drains are tested job done.
  13. Shouldn't you measure off a garden tap? I thought appliance taps were restricted nowadays?
  14. How much of a difference do these make compared to a dry airated brickette?
  15. 20l min wouldn't be so bad where I am. Last place only just got 10
  16. Clad your house with roofing batten, job done
  17. How would you apportion blame to silicone or faulty gasket seal?
  18. Most new builds I'm in have a dpc between block and concrete floor with these blocks sitting ontop not coming up through. I'm not sure if they align with beams underneath or have some massive cold bridge with a wall underneath the beams interrupting the insulation? Must pay more attention next time when a plot is pre pour.
  19. Some stainless steel screws or galv 90 gun nails
  20. even if it was the full 50, thats only 6mm overhang each side of a 38mm board. Crack on
  21. Did you ever do a detail drawing of your reveals @tonyshouse? We're your Windows behind the face brickwork? Did you build plywood box?
  22. Most block and beams I work off nowadays are flow screeded at dpc stage before superstructure. Have nhbc not bought some new regs in about mesh and structural screeds over block and beam?
  23. The trusses I've recieved are sometimes nothing like each other. That's why it's always tag to same side then fix to a line. Diminishers are the worst. The lads knocking these up on the line are on low wage. @epsilonGreedy ask a local wood yard to do you some 50x38 treated or use 2x2 if you're worried. Anything else is mental
  24. Insane. I've honestly seen loads of 600 centre trusses have a slated roof ontop. What's he using a toffee hammer
  25. Maybe regs have changed. I always thought 800. You won't need luck I've never had pvc leak. Just be sure you've not trapped any air else water level can drop as air leaks out top make you think you have a leak.
×
×
  • Create New...