Jump to content

Oz07

Members
  • Posts

    3601
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by Oz07

  1. Stub cill or some kind of cill to achieve greater set back gets my vote.
  2. You could cap it with some decorative gravel I'd of thought. To me it looks like the drawing asks for it to come up to ground level?
  3. Sorry see this is old. I'm sure I used passive house systems after date of this thread
  4. Why don't they sell direct anymore? Why would you do that
  5. Put a for sale sign on it out front of house. Like homer Simpson did. Nobody takes it if it's free.
  6. Think I'd be taking up to ground level but not familiar with the standard practice
  7. Magnet sometimes do good price on 100mm to get you through the door
  8. Yes I agree. I think all the cut to fit ones are pretty flimsy though so buyer beware
  9. I would fit them if it were me, I then overlaid these with osb bedded on airtight foam.
  10. I reckon the preformed ones are less insulating that the actually cavity wool. Possibly make it easier to get airtight seal though as you haven't got leaky cuts
  11. Blackout blind with frame sounds good. Why couldn't blinds fit infront or behind? My horizontal blinds sit inside edge of reveal and blackout blind is tight up to window frame. Just don't measure it 20mm short like I did. Not sure what happened the must've ticked some box for clearance
  12. You can get converted site loos that you just hook up to water and waste. You can sell it when she kicks the bucket then.
  13. Is the digger man vat registered? Most likely they usually are
  14. Is your dpc really tight to 50mm? 1050 is guage so is 975. I'd be suprised if this couldn't be lost underground.
  15. Yes but usually there's a catalyst isn't there. Not just some developer telling their subbies to drop their prices.
  16. @nod are you talking about that betfred family? Think the site my old boy is on is funded by them. Can see him walking if he can't earn what he's been used to earning.
  17. It is probably poor quality if mass produced, which I don't agree with and needs sorting. But to me looking at them is not offensive. Sure they are no grand designs but at least it's not got all the fake Victorian crap chimney etc. What about the fake Georgian beam and cladding how are they ever supposed to age well.
  18. Do they tell the subbies what to price? Surely they will find work elsewhere
  19. Yes this website is like a microclimate of the population. Bloody snobs. Let us commoners enjoy our houses lol
  20. I actually don't mind them brick quoins tbf. Although I am common as muck. Just seems better than a plain elevation.
  21. So not on title but insurers be happy. What kind of fence will you get away with heras?
  22. Can you split plot on title without selling one of the dewllings or pieces of land to another entity @PeterW? I've had a ballache with this in the past
  23. Nightmare I reckon you need broker to be properly covered. A lot of times best thing is to say nothing and keep fingers crossed.
  24. Just waiting for joe88 and joe89 to chip in...
  25. Option 2, 2mm or 3mm packer between
×
×
  • Create New...