Oz07
Members-
Posts
3601 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by Oz07
-
MVHR- real world performance?
Oz07 replied to DragsterDriver's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
I have a single switch in kitchen that we put on when boiling and a double switch in bathroom where 1 side does boost for mvhr. I have the auto boost turned off as it seems to run when not wanted. I could turn down in settings but bit to boffiny for me. Recirculating cooker hood with carbon filter for smells and fat. I wouldn't want the grease going into mvhr duct work -
Isn't foil like a vcl? Does it actually help the insulation?
-
MVHR- real world performance?
Oz07 replied to DragsterDriver's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
Deals with kitchen ok. Shower could be better tbh. I wish I'd put directly over shower now although I'm sure bpc advised against. I do like particularly got and long showers though 20mins is about standard for me. -
Hot return circuit, how to control it.
Oz07 replied to Russell griffiths's topic in General Plumbing
A minute every 15 sounds good. Presumably you could turn off at night or adjust timer to suit as you get a feel for it -
Hot return circuit, how to control it.
Oz07 replied to Russell griffiths's topic in General Plumbing
My alarm has just gone think it needs fuse would be wary of linking to temperamental alarm -
Hot return circuit, how to control it.
Oz07 replied to Russell griffiths's topic in General Plumbing
Is there a cost implication or negligible? Which option is the simplest with least points of failure? Timer? -
I backed onto a woodland in my old place. Literally massive trees just at back of me. Big London plane like 7m from house. They have big leaves and I never had a problem with grids. It's always dry enough one day for them to blow off.
-
The grids are better as leaves will blow off the top as opposed to get clogged in.
-
Have you bought the hedgehog? I prefer the grids which go on top
-
Understanding (hopefully) plasterboard options for ceiling
Oz07 replied to MortarThePoint's topic in Plastering & Rendering
Loads of garages just use fireline it must be up to the job. -
Understanding (hopefully) plasterboard options for ceiling
Oz07 replied to MortarThePoint's topic in Plastering & Rendering
Just tank the walls after standard wallboard has been skimmed. Did away with mr long time ago -
Tile vent for external ductwork
Oz07 replied to David Lam's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
-
Always 3. Cheaper doors will bow in the middle and bind on the door stop without.
-
I gave 3mm on last one I did.
-
Tile vent for external ductwork
Oz07 replied to David Lam's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
I had vent tiles and remember I had to be pretty specific whether they were for venting or air. I'm not sure why as the product appeared the same to look at. Tbh I don't think the tile vent I've used is approved for the intake I think it's something to do with snow cover. I'm in a bungalow so can brush the snow off the vent but choose carefully if in a house. -
Merchants I was using couple of months ago had about 6 full pallets of multi finish out of date. Must be from over ordering after the shortage. Yard lad said it was 15 quid a pallet plus delivery so I agreed to have a pallet, manager said no it's not far enough out of date. Was still in there 6 weeks later when finishing up the job and we had our finish from another crowd.
-
My old man's on the trowel up your way @nod ain't many weeks he grosses less than 1200 rain or shine. All ready mix and forklift with good health a safety can see why brickies don't want small self build jobs. Not sure about other subbies but he's copped close to 20k in grants this year too I'm guessing he shouldn't really be claiming but you won't convince him of that. Brickies are about the most money orientated trade out there. I think it comes from counting every brick they lay and getting paid accordingly.
-
I think the dewalt can too.
-
If suitable then give it a go. @nod?
-
Seems to be all the rage on commercial jobs but still on boards
-
Metal capping and back boxes?
-
Obvious benefit of boards is easier first fix for electrical and less damage to blockwork. How do you parge a chase?
-
If your nice to the driver and have 2 pallets for every pack of blocks he will drop them on pallets in halfs for you
-
I've known building control make people nog with like a H frame to support these ends when not on joists. I always try to make them land on joists providing the spacings aren't too crazy around staircases. Was very smug on the job where mine were all ok and bco made the other you need to as above.
