Oz07
Members-
Posts
3601 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by Oz07
-
Don't forget a passive rated seperate poor door for the social scum
-
Is it necessary to put cladding timber over the top of the planer? If it were me and the stock was relatively flat I'd machine it all underneath the thicknesser to required thickness ie 30 odd mm then just square the edge over the top then back to underneath thicknesser. Or have I got wrong end of stick?
-
Slightly hijacking here but what is the pros/cons of having electric meter installed near garage then taking a feed from garage to house. I know Dave and Jeremy have similar arrangements and I have oppertunity to do this on next house. I would want power to garage anyway so need a cable regardless. I won some pretty thick cable off a job the other year. Offcuts on a warehouse. One advantage I can think is no need for consumer unit to be in a position 3m from meter in house.
-
Also a video of you putting the code in
-
Don't get the hump because your not a mod yet! Enjoy break
- 7 comments
-
@joe90 no cavity closers then ? Just plasterboard up against insulation?
-
Splitting Title Deeds/Property for Self build in garden.
Oz07 replied to Tony99's topic in Party Wall & Property Legal Issues
My conveyancer seemed to think this was not that straightforward. Apparently because you are splitting/selling to yourself, even if to your own ltd company then it throws up issues. I can't remember the ins and outs without looking into it but would be interested to hear how you get on OP and whether mine was just being defeatist. Having said that it wasn't impossible, just easier to build the new one first, then split title when you are ready to sell old one. If that is the case then probably to best to raise a mortgage on existing whole property, build new then settle mortgage when selling old. Be the cheapest finance surely? -
Seen something which churches often use once. Was a dead simple composting soakaway. Diagrams were online somewhere. Not sure what a BCO would say
-
Big developers near me using one of these systems on a nearby job. Suspect they like to choose a system and stick with it. As has been said different insulation used. I used 6" PIR on last job under floor and don't think I hit that u vale, more like .15 from memory?
-
And did I read right in that the shorter these intake/extract intake pipes the less need for lagging/insulating? Note @pocster has a warm roof type setup but i'm asking for future reference
-
So can the mvhr vents go thru roof tiles? Do they have to be on sane elevation to prevent being unbalanced like Jeremy said his can be
-
Yeh but how do they know you've built one? Materials could feasibly pass as wastage on house. Any way I do actually want the official answer
-
What about if not shown on plans but built at same time? @Temp
-
Self build - foul waste connections advice please
Oz07 replied to Weebles's topic in Waste & Sewerage
The mix isn't wet. It's more like a kerb mix. Set your fall up with conc bed then put pipe on the fill around and on top -
Introducing the Build Cost Spreadsheet (incl cost per m2)
Oz07 replied to puntloos's topic in Costing & Estimating
Could do with being similarly priced here might be a bit more sustainable then -
Introducing the Build Cost Spreadsheet (incl cost per m2)
Oz07 replied to puntloos's topic in Costing & Estimating
Property is cheap there isn't it. That's like half the cost of Midlands -
Introducing the Build Cost Spreadsheet (incl cost per m2)
Oz07 replied to puntloos's topic in Costing & Estimating
Furniture is a massive variable too. Forget that unless it's built in -
Another vote for testing it at your end now if it takes you a day and earnsyou 2 grand it's a good day. What's the difference in cost between 32 and 25 connection?
-
@Declan52 you got aircrete?
-
How often is rain this heavy up there. Doesn't look a common occurrence to me. Low tech water butt below gutter on days like this!
-
What score did you get then @nod I thought conc weren't any less air permeable than thermals
-
Looks like aircrete can be a bit of a headache where large is concerned. With his is mind whats the best lightweight block 3.6n option to receive either parge coat or wet plaster finish?
-
Building regs wouldn't refuse you permission as such. Planning may be a different matter. Do you have alternative off road parking?
-
Totally agree
-
Lining a wall with plywood: how thick should the ply be?
Oz07 replied to ToughButterCup's topic in General Joinery
Developers don't plaster walls because it's more expensive!
