Jump to content

Tennentslager

Members
  • Posts

    1464
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by Tennentslager

  1. I googled shower valve extension and hot this https://www.amazon.co.uk/CORNAT-TEC382201-Chrome-Brass-Extension/dp/B000VT5LC2/ref=asc_df_B000VT5LC2/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=255483677928&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13751380042374131861&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007336&hvtargid=pla-420563073550&psc=1&th=1&psc=1
  2. It's not a cost issue, the landlord is brilliant and having a man with autism as a tenent is not without its challenges. For instance, he changed buy to let mortgage and Virgin refused a quote based on having a DWP client. Unbeknown to me he contacted the CEO citing disability discrimination and only told me after he had a new mortgage and a letter from the CEO saying they were wrong, apologised and had set up a working group to make sure that it didn't happen for other folk. Just wanted to know the spark wasn't at it. The carbon monoxide alarms are clearly branded Newlec not Acio. Should I expect Acio for all 4 ?
  3. Sons rental flat has two Newell carbon monoxide alarms, unbranded smoke alarm and unbranded heat alarm. Seems after investigation the smoke alarm in the hall is causing all the others to trigger. Typically at an ungodly hour and freaking him out as he has autism. Landlords spark has suggested an Acio replacement but quoted £405 for the lot. The wiring is all in place. I told the care staff ( at 3am after the third false alarm to rip it off the ceiling to stop the boy freaking out mid meltdown because of the noise) so I've accepted it's down to me to fix. So, the guys just yanked the alarms off (all of them) and as annual inspection is due I refitted them all. Nothing major damaged other than bits of bruised plastic. The smoke alarm beeps constantly even though they are all hard wired. I asked if they could just replace the hall smoke alarm that's beeping with an Acio but spark says they have to be brand compatible. Any comments folks?
  4. https://www.wholesaledomestic.com/hudson-reed-richmond-close-coupled-toilet-pan-and-cistern-ccr014 £150 for a new one...
  5. @Cpd really appreciate your kind offers
  6. I have a nagging doubt about falling out with swmbo and no 3 daughter...I'd put the mutt on a lead and concentrate on getting him trained not to run away ? But he's not my dog... Never mind making a fence in my nice woodland ?
  7. We now have a lockdown Golden Retriever and want to fence the back of the hut. It's basically open countryside and the plot is huge so I think I might need 40 to 70m of fencing. There is bracken and forestry but mainly level ground. Agricultural sheep fence, the square grid stuff might suit... What's the best way, DIY or get the folk with the machinery, is it too small and how much per meter am I looking at?
  8. They are compatible as it says IM350 ? The copies both the guns and nails are all the same but as many will tell you gas plus nails plus gun all from Paslode is the Gold standard
  9. Sharp sand 10:1 cement dry mix and the moisture in the sharp sand will let it go off. Paving expert recommends a resin grout, gotta admit I don't know what that is but I'm betting a grout gun, a sunny day and a cold beer will see you right?
  10. Everything paving for free here https://www.pavingexpert.com/
  11. Loads of ways to do it, maybe a picture of where it's going will get you better advice. Re the posts being level, leave them all too high then level and mark then cut the tops. A drawing is better than a thousand words ??
  12. Love a nice fire
  13. A drawing would help. I'm finding it hard to visualise.
  14. Can you buy small amounts of PE4 for these little 1ft thick jobs?
  15. Use the cladding to make a wee box housing and have it sit in there?
  16. Walk into toilet Turn on tap Sit on pan Whip phone out of back pocket Surf Buildhub Wash hands
  17. Just a guess Dappling...I'm away to do some now with the missus, no questions
  18. Cement levelling thingy?
  19. Better a land tax, for most folk the land value is the house value. Like a house in a garden... For big land owners they have to pay more, don't pay the government take the land and sell it, but of course self builders of eco friendly homes get first dibs and a 10% discount, no chance of dodging the tax, can't hide land can ye
  20. You should be proud of this, cracking work!
  21. The night lights on an Emirates 777 has this star constellation rig and it looks fantastic
  22. Saw a nice picture on Lost Glasgow I thought you'd like, soot trails on an old tenement
  23. He posted me a box of lights and fittings he had spare for free at his expense when I was new to the forum some 5 years ago I used them and the lights still shine at the hut One of the good guys he's is, in my camp
×
×
  • Create New...