Jump to content

Tennentslager

Members
  • Posts

    1464
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by Tennentslager

  1. Another weekend so got one side of the roof felt tiles on Should get the gutter on tomorrow but I’m having one downpipe as it’s only 13 sq/m Do I need a run on the gutter or just do it level, sides are 3.5m?
  2. Looks great @Big Jimbo Remember the nice touches as you’ll be sleeping there if you get too drunk/snore loudly/say you fancy an actress/tell her mum she’s put on weight...?
  3. No idea but recently bought a portable in room unit with a 6” exhaust tube hanging out a window for £300 and boy oh boy do I like the freezing blast it blows out it’s getting too hot even in Glasgow
  4. Inside roof, Cuprinol Shades is a great product And we are nearly ready for the BBQ tomorrow
  5. Bon voyage BBQ Sunday so have to get a wiggle on... latest, it’s been pouring proper rain up here stopping progress BTW went for loglap for the roof, painted on the inside face, looks good
  6. Nice drawing by the way why oak if you have pine joists? Are you treating/painting it
  7. Got a half day off so cracked on in the sun. I offered up the jack rafter, wee plate to hold in place and carefully marked and cut it. Once you’re doing it, it’s much easier to visualise than the videos One of my better joins ? Got the end plate on as it’s getting a mini gutter bingo bango...time for a wash and as it’s Friday Hello lovely
  8. No nonsense exterior frame filler from Screwy does it, 3.5 squid and one tube will cover a multitude of sins? I have a plan to measure/cut the jack rafters but I’ll holler if I get stuck oh and those videos are great @Declan52 but double Dutch mostly to me Canny quite beleive how strong it is, even with 4 rafters I could stand on it, with 8 it is solid
  9. Did this after finishing work early... I’m happy so far, a couple of dodgy joins, can I use decorators caulk to fanny them up as it’s getting painted? Jack rafters still to do and think it’ll be Monday evening before I get a minute??
  10. Okay, got out of the ground...next the roof.So, not sure of the correct terminology so I’ll make some up? I’m having a floating octagonal king post, fashioned out of a cut off of the big posts. I’m planning to make up the diagonal truss on the ground and offer it up to mark the birds tooth notch. Once that’s done, I’ll do two more and then pop it up in place. I will put in a centre post directly under the king post and screw home to keep everything supported. I also feel fairly confident about the standard rafters (from king post to the centre of the wall plate) but will be asking for help (thanks for the kind pm @Simon offering help) with the angle nightmare that is the jack rafters. Can I ask one thing? I plan to leave the rafter ends long and cut them after the roof frame is complete. Is this correct? Should I cut the diagonal rafters to the correct size (300mm overhang) or also leave them proud?
  11. Back from holiday, first time I’ve chosen Aberdeenshire, lovely people, lovely wee fishing village, everyone great with CV19 precautions and so nice to sit outside and have a pint. Anyhow, started today. Decided to drop the posts 500 below the decking, batten and screw into the joists then shutter around that and pour in a cement and stone mix. Think it will withstand the winter gales. Two of the big corner posts in, two more then the wall plate and I’ll post more pictures then
  12. I did not fit a dimmer so nothing I can say about that. Vendor was https://www.lampshoponline.com/40w-led-panel-6000k-600mm-x-600mm-c-w-driver.html looks like inflation has put the price up a bit but still £23 per panel. BTW they came packed (from the factory in 4s including the mounting kit)
  13. Welcome Steve Interesting handle, wouldn’t like to imagine the accident if you were Steve_cock_off ?
  14. Lovely post, lovely family, hope you enjoy it for many years. i bet you will love two toilets over one any day
  15. Can you not handball it with help if it’s that light? sorry if it’s a stupid question but 5 pals on site and...
  16. I’m concreting in 4 big posts for my gazebo and have a load of ballast from digging up path edges which had decorative stone edges. its a mix of stones and sharp sand and a little soil and odds bits of detritus is this okay to add cement and use like postcrete? other than some soil ( not a lot) I’m thinking this will work?
  17. Top hinged? and those piston things like on a hatchback?
  18. Unless and I don’t think you have little people open plan is simple and neat. 3 year old nieces may fall in the stream but doubt they will drown, 7 year olds will swing underneath and laugh?
  19. Ryder Services in Moffat will deliver 4@ 150mm redwood posts PAR and treated for £202 including delivery and VAT I’m happy at £50 each? Photos will be along in a week or so as well as questions about a cut hipped roof, never done anything like it before
  20. Welcome Jim i wonder if 5 little people count half when sizing a treatment plant!
  21. Thank you but out of stock (the website just said we don’t deliver to your postcode...? Cumbernauld is 5 miles from me) i have found a place in Moffat that I can phone tomorrow and ask?
  22. Unfortunately not but that’s exactly what I need and a very nice price too!
  23. Okay so I’ve decided to go ahead and drop the uprights into a hefty pit and concrete them in. spent close to a grand today on timber, tiles, paint and whatnot but the timber guys could not do the 4 uprights I need 4 @ 130mm square planed at 3m in length, nice bullnose chamfered but I can do that myself if need be. They will be stained possibly painted. where does a man get a hold of such?
  24. Well good luck I’m sure it will be stunning? hope you inspect it and have bought at least 10% more then you need? then you can stick odd bits up for sale for a tenner
  25. Lovely looking job so far...
×
×
  • Create New...