Jump to content

Tennentslager

Members
  • Posts

    1464
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by Tennentslager

  1. Can anyone help with finding a microwave to fit in this Howdens space? Dimensions are cabinet 590x455 internal and the existing Lamona unit is 480x255. As you can see there is a snap on trim. Can't source the doors anywhere, glendevon oak, discontinued. Ditto Lamona ovens...?
  2. Oh go on then...
  3. Really nice, you've come a long way and made a great job of it...onwards we go??
  4. Lovely attention to detail and it shows, you must be pleased.?
  5. Too much work but if you've ever been in a working RAF hangar...signs everywhere saying 'FOD kills' or 'FOD cost £50,000 last month' All tools have specialised boxes or containers which have an individual hook or slot for each tool. Usually with a silhouette painted inside to show where it goes. Once the tech have finished working on an aircraft it's easy to see all the tools are completely accounted for and no one had left a screwdriver inside an engine. Result, no lost tools and no FOD. Foreign Object Damage. Oh, and probably stops sticky fingered paras helping themselves to free tools in the dead of night when hanging about waiting for hours for the Herc to arrive?? Plus one to putting your name (or mark if it's a small tool) on all your stuff. Still have my dad's tools all with his initials or mark. In his case it was .X. They had a heavy duty engraving machine in his firm and everyone had a code or mark.
  6. When I first looked at this I thought it was a bath panel with a plumbing/ pipe image burned onto it... Wasn't going to comment that it looked awful but I'm kind like that...???
  7. There's a installation video on the bathstore website
  8. It works a treat! Not great looking but I'll improve that and paint the pipe green. All drinking etc water is still from bottles but wonderful to rinse dirty plates under the taps...oh how easily pleased I am???
  9. Check out this site for EPDM supplies and pictures https://www.rubberroofs.co.uk I bought from them as they supply the exact size you need...most others sell by the full metre, annoying if you need it 3.1x 8.1 for instance.
  10. Unfortunately I am that man...chatting to the sales guy in plumb world turned around to see my big lad pulling his trousers up...he's got lots of autism and just did what came naturally in the display pan, oops! Sales guy was brilliant and sent us on our way with a wry smile, said it'd take him a minute to make good. I did offer but he insisted. Never been back again
  11. I'd like to do one like this but don't think planning would approve ? Bottom two are the same, top on a variation on the same theme. Would be fairly easy to construct and would work with 9mm OSB covered in EPDM...* Whistles ruefully while daydreaming* ???
  12. Not sure about my design to hold this up, it's a bit slap dash but hey ho it's not the Hilton. This is where it's going... I plan just two posts as the back of the tank house will be screwed through the corrugated tin to the gable wall. Lifted it into place today and then realised the error of my judgement. Could not hold the box in place and get a screw in at the same time. Used all my energy lifting the heavy box and was on the top rung of the ladder. Oh dear @recoveringacademic will give me a bollocking, had to push the box to one side while I jumped the other way. Box survived intact, result! Me, just one little bruise but feeling a bit sore and stupid tonight. Be careful out there builders...
  13. 4" fall isn't much...2400 one side and 2100 the other would be better. 12" fall in old money ??
  14. MmEPDM is easy peasy and as it's all one piece you can be pretty confident of staying dry! I believe it's the liner for most green roofs but that's a whole other proposition with much beefier supporting structures. Don't be shy with playing around with some design thoughts re the roof...could be a big statement for a small building. If it's a plain mono roof why not have the run corner to opposite corner? I had fun with my shed roof and think it works. I saw your post when I was up at the hut so took some pics of the roof. This one shows the EPDM lapped up to complete the gable join. Just stuck on to fresh OSB with contact adhesive. Another junction here using a jointing strip. Really easy, if you've repaired a cycle puncture before, EPDM is a skoosh. Finally, look up the school at Sagrada Familia to see the fantastic offset wave roof by Guidi...would work well on a little building?
  15. Nans attic...lol, stick your own head up brother? It's a CWS for sure. As ever, thanks to you all free giving knowledge monkeys. Learned a new phrase I like recently; 'pay forward'... It's a form of giving back...freely given support, advice, mentoring and even money But, on one trusted no commitment deal, that at some point whenever in the future you are in a position to 'pay back' you do so and keep the cycle going. It's why I love the forum, an everyday example of this philosophy in practice
  16. @JSHarris where does one get cheap hypochlorite?
  17. Oooh! It will be filled on arrival, otherwise empty tank but vermin (well big furry vermin) proof as it's inside an OSB box. Tank drained at the end of a weekend then filled with lovely clean loch Katrine water. @Nickfromwales what's a F&G or whatever, it was formerly a loft tank and made of plastic...stored under a hut for a few years after being liberated from a semi. It's got lots of spider webs and stuff inside??
  18. Like the look and thinking behind this...well done old fruit
  19. Two years on from starting the hut I'm fitting a gravity water system...I have a wash hand basin in the toilet and sink in kitchen both of which have taps. I connected the waste pipe ages ago which drains to the soak away but never go around to providing the taps with the one thing that kinda makes them useful! To be honest the hut isn't in any way uncomfortable to live in. We have a standpipe less than 30m away and just fill up 5l water bottles for drinking and washing. However, I've got some free time and good rioja so why not go and play around up at the hut? I'm putting this tank on some posts made up from small tree trunks, against an outside gable wall. This is case of bursts caused by freezing if I (or a less thoughtful wife or teenager) forget to drain the system between visits in winter. First made a box for the second hand tank someone gave me. The hole at the top is for a garden hose which I'll fill from the standpipe...will know when it's full when the overflow indicates ? Bottom pipe will feed both taps. I'm teeing off just under the taps and connecting to both hot and cold. Whalah we should soon have some slow running water for washing...not much need for that but most handy when brushing teeth. Don't like the toothbrush in a cup thing and not having a tap to wash away the spit.?? I'll post a little photo diary as I progress
  20. I'm enjoying this thread...nothing wrong with an alternative view @jamiehamy and a bit of debate. To me ICF was a gang of hooligan so called football fans who liked a rumble at away games...no good for hut building so I'm out?
  21. Nicely written...can feel your pain though, good luck with the rest!
  22. Score a goal? I know. I know but the football is on just now...come on England we need you to win.
  23. Some stuff here about public toilets, which is not necessarily the same thing but... http://www.designcouncil.org.uk/bs-6465-12006-amendment-12009-sanitary-installations-code-practice-design-sanitary-facilities-and A blog by someone who campaigns for more public toilets...stuff in there about LA plans for the same but in England. Might apply under another guise in Scotland. https://gailknight.wordpress.com/2010/11/09/planning/
  24. Definitely going to come under BC due to waste water regs. Most likely planning too so some professional advice needed. What is the LA saying? Are they happy, if it's Skye then I'd guess they want to ensure parking and services are compliant...
×
×
  • Create New...