-
Posts
1464 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
7
Everything posted by Tennentslager
-
Yep, well done Onwards and beyond...
-
062 Sherlock and I'm gassed ???
-
Ah ha, and excuse to try out the famous CT1. I'll give it a go and report back
-
Just the gap where the wall was needs attention. Think I'll glue a spare bit of vinyl in the gap and a few strips of gorilla tape to cover the joins.
-
Hmmm...still doing the mega budget refurb of the hairdresser which is slowly becoming a lovely new office base for our team. In true DIY SOS style the carpet guys did 50m for less than £500, nice people are everywhere folks ? Please don't mind the jazzy lights, it's where the bejazzaled former hair people had their washing basins! Anyhow...the QUESTION In the pic below you can see the back office minus a stud wall. The vynal flooring has a 110mm gap in the middle of what is now one space. How do I make this good? We have people with reduced mobility using the space, it's a kind of dining kitchen area, so something that has a low profile is best. Carpet fitters said 6mm MDF with rounded edge bonded to the vinyl. Too thick I reckon and a trip hazard. Aluminium plate maybe? Super sticky tape? As long as it's black. Suggestions welcome, hope I've explained this okay.
-
-
Adding radiators without hiding pipework
Tennentslager replied to Tennentslager's topic in Other Heating Systems
Decided it's beyond the curve for me as Div the super professional dope smoking plumber has a few free days next week ? Instead I knocked out a stud wall And decided (no windows) to put some mural wallpaper on the back wall, like this...60 quid. -
Retired Feminist Roofer: too delicious
Tennentslager replied to ToughButterCup's topic in Roofing, Tiling & Slating
What felt? -
Adding radiators without hiding pipework
Tennentslager replied to Tennentslager's topic in Other Heating Systems
Nice, thanks @PeterW -
@Nickfromwales might help me out. Is it possible to add 3/4 radiators to an existing electric boiler set up. 28Kw boiler and 4 small radiators in the big front office. Three vertical ones and this towel rail thingy, it used to be a hairdresser. In the back there's 3 small rooms and a kitchen but with electric panel heaters which I guess are going to be very expensive to run. I've a small window of time to improve this...could insulated (or coated) microbore pipe be used to connect up some wet radiators. Don't really want to disrupt the nice floor and wondered if you could clip the microbore to or just above the skirting? It's a back office so doesn't have to look brilliant but not Uber shabby either? What do you think?
-
Welcome @Luckylad Kinda remember that a plasterer used to be a plasterer and slater up here. Something to do with the weather and keeping busy all year. What about you...?
-
Didn't fancy wellies on Monday @Nickfromwales so popped over today. Cracked it...all the radiators were turned off but all working nicely now. I've ordered that wireless thermostat from eBay for 50 quid. It's got 7 day programmer which I need as there's no one there at the weekend. Is this a DIY job or should I get an electrician in?
-
Do I need to close the filling loop urgently. The boiler is turned off. Or can I leave it until Monday?
-
-
Second question. Recommendations for a thermo/timer set up? Please.
-
Cheers @ProDave Fill loop was my fault. It was a fully functional hair salon for 2 years before we took it so assuming yes. Brochure for the boiler says it's almost silent so not sure if the pumps working. When the hot tap is running it makes barely a sound at the boiler. Of topic but sorting out the water supplier moving in, we were given the last six years meter readings. The hair salon was billed £4500 a year, 5000l a day! Previously it was a letting agents using next to nothing per year.
-
Adding in a toilet to a run - plumbing query
Tennentslager replied to CC45's topic in Waste & Sewerage
Swept bend and set the cistern to maximum litre flush? -
It's not to do with the title but New office, landlord says just switch it on, the boiler that is, it's got 4 radiators and does hot water. No problems at the taps but zilch at the radiators. Are these valves set property? Which way generally indicates on? I thought in line with the piping? There's 4, H&C plus the filling loop. I've twiddled so much I've fecked up my brain and dunno what's what. Can I have an idiots guide. Secondly, no thermostat/timer fitted so it's going to be cold on a winter Monday morning. Any tips on a easy to fit/cheap unit? Links are appreciated
-
Light at the end of the renovation tunnel.
Tennentslager commented on TheMitchells's blog entry in Scooby Cottage renovation.
It's looking good, well done. Funny thing is that as you race towards the end, everything still looks unfinished until the last few days and suddenly, wunderbar and it's done! -
Budget wired network
Tennentslager replied to Tennentslager's topic in Networks, AV, Security & Automation
Guess I want one of these... https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00ABJXHVO/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1511252777&sr=8-8&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=cable+staple+gun&dpPl=1&dpID=412rAKcZpoL&ref=plSrch Cable stapler -
Suggestions for a non tech savvy handy man please. My small charity has a new satellite office, basically a shop on a town High St. It's for 8/10 folk who will each have a desk and PC using remote access to the main server in the head office 20 miles away. To save costs I've agreed with the IT guys to cable up the office myself. Options are 1. Buy 10m data cables with plugs (the little plastic bit on the end) and run these from a switch to each location. Easy peasy to do if a tad untidy. I can easily clip the cable to the skirting. Actually not skirting but a small boxed in section run along the walls hiding the radiator pipes. It's about 200mm square profile and formed in plywood so I can clip the cable to the top surface. 2. Buy a roll of cable and work out how to terminate it at each end to the appropriate plug. It there a tool for this. Visions of spaghetti hell and fiddly work for my sausage fingers. 3. Surface mount data sockets and run the cable back to the switch/router. 4. Mixture of above. Any advice and suggestions welcome. Is there an easy to use switch cabinet that doesn't cost the earth? Thanks
-
Help me identify this, please
Tennentslager replied to ToughButterCup's topic in Bathrooms, Ensuites & Wetrooms
I did a search on Google images...looks like PolyPlumb fittings. Now that's an answer but only if it relates to the question you are asking! -
Wowsers...can't get my head around that. Can you do a drawing, have you possession of the doors? Type of hinges? How neat/ accurate are you going for? Old rule of thumb is to slide a 1p piece around all sides of the door...if you're good?
-
Lovely post @Grosey really made me smile, you've done an amazing job and created a nice blog too. Smashing ??
-
Ed, I'm not sure I can explain anything much other than factorial equation to arrive at number of cm. That's a big big number do has been simplified along the way including converted from metric to imperial the from miles to light years...it didn't go as far as parsecs. #steamytea included jokers do started with 54 cards in the deck...so his calculations arrive at a much bigger number. My answer is of course a football??
