Oz07
Members-
Posts
3601 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by Oz07
-
I can believe that
-
I placed my drain exactly where shower drain was. Some plumbers thought I was crazy but if you line it up you're ok. There's a JT vertical outlet trap which is the same outer size as pan connector so can seal into drain with rubber off one of those. It is probably easier to use 2" sideways trap with shuttering and connect down into 110mm. Level IC have no difference in invert depth https://www.jewson.co.uk/p/osma-drain-shallow-inspection-chamber-250mm-brown-PO4D960Z
-
Also as Peter says taking that kitchen run out through the other side of house and popping a ridding eye on is a good shout. I've done that at mine.
-
I'd go 3 but have a 3 way ic and don't bother trying to join toilet run to the kitchen sink run under the slab. More liable to give you an issue with inaccessible junction as opposed to 3 way chamber. You can get level chamber bases so this won't effect your invert heights. Osma do a good 1 piece 3 way level IC.
-
WPD quote for electricity supply blowing our budget
Oz07 replied to Omnibuswoman's topic in Electrics - Other
Very good info and source for future information. Thanks for sharing -
@Nickfromwales @PeterStarck there's special fixing plates you get which connect them
-
Mine is a 2 stroke and noisy as hell but powerful. Did my nans lawn last week leaves were soaked but the blower got them all down the bottom and I got them into a pile. Dug a grave pit where the runner beans grow this weekend buried a load in there
-
Building around live services
Oz07 replied to brickierob1's topic in Bricklaying, Blockwork & Mortar
Best bit of advice @brickierob1 is to combine all these threads into one else you will be starting a new one for every brick you lay. It can be a bit like @Onoff bathroom thread -
6mm pea shingle for 110mm pipe bedding - WTF?
Oz07 replied to BotusBuild's topic in Waste & Sewerage
Should think he gave you a clout for suggesting using them for flooring -
If take the grand extra with simplification if it were me. Messing about with the boxes plus cost of concrete inside of them would put me off. Good pics @LA3222. Look like you had decent depth to work with on your drains!
-
How long is a normal shower I'm in there 10 to 15 mins
-
I've had 6m 304mm pozis before. Can't comment on deflection as I had a stud partition in the middle. Probably isn't right to do that but it was all on the drawing and apart from leaving a gap at top of stud, it's always going to reduce deflection a bit
-
Around an inch off the finished wall usually I think. @Nickfromwales?
-
No chance that is a legit score @nod When I told the site manager where I'm working what mine scored he genuinely thought it was impossible. OP the test company should tape everything up.
-
Is Zehnder worth it?
Oz07 replied to BartW's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
Problem is nobody will know till they buy. Are the guarantees comparable? I went for a cheaper unit with 2 year guarantee which has developed a fault within first few months. I've got a new one sitting in the garage ready to go when I have time but I won't hold out much hope for after 2 yr. Performance seems fine but it's the first one I've had. I put missus in charge of new fridge purchase. Came home one day and she had bought one, 800 quid with 1 yr warranty. I told her to ring up cancel the fridge purchase and took this task back under my control! (freak) -
Creating a foundation upto existing external wall
Oz07 replied to brickierob1's topic in Bricklaying, Blockwork & Mortar
How big is the wall. I wouldn't bother going as deep as the house. So long as you're below the frost line -
Brave man
-
I thought this might be the case. I don't suffer from the wifi issue in my shoebox though!
-
Is it @AliG who has the Wi-Fi boosters? Personally I think they are now more crucial that extra hardwired data cables. Some houses you struggle for signal at opposite ends.
-
Yes as above I have coax and cat6 in same boxes
-
Don't ask me what you do with them had my place done with it and never used it
-
Yes.
-
Where are your best views or quietest elevation?
-
Do you have balcony on option 2
