Oz07
Members-
Posts
3601 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by Oz07
-
@ProDave do you have a separate meter on the ashp side of the leccy?
-
Btw you can alter the drawer sizes on these on site done it myself in the past
-
@Mr Punter do you have mvhr? In terms of usage my missus likes baths, I'm in the shower for minimum 20 minutes every night and we have thermostat set at 20. My last place was 1.5 storey 6"pir below b&b 6" dritherm 34 in cav and about 8"pir in vaulted ceiling with a small area of flat ceiling 350mm earthwool. I feel like the boiler worked less to keep that the same temp. I do remember Jeremy saying 1.5 storey most efficient shape house?
-
I think kWh is a much more standardised measure. Would it have a clue what Declan pay a for pellets but we can see that his house consumes lot less than mine. If you're on gas be easy to work out
-
About 2 inch with a gap in the middle for waste
-
That's why wood burning people have got to declare also. Would skew the figures otherwise. I'm beginning to be convinced these mvhr systems significantly increase your heating need. Either that or mine is not working properly. I haven't balanced it yet but will do when I get time to put the replacement unit up.
-
Sorry @Ferdinand I see what you're saying. Yes it effects the figures in that case.
-
Why is that useful? I want to know consumption not generation. I bet these solar farms generate a lot of leccy but wouldn't be very comfortable living underneath a panel
-
Piss poor effort @nod just confuses things. Dig out a bill and give us some kWh I've seen the coat you make your missus sit on the sofa in!
-
My god I'll have to knock this place down and start again. @AliG what are you all totted up heat and water per m2? D @Declan52 No need for electric figures if you use pellets for heat and water. Elec will just muddy the waters
-
Im detached bungalow but would expect 2 storey houses to count both floors like you would a valuation or in the most popular thread £ build cost per m2
-
I knew you'd pop up with something like that! There are a lot of variables but if people are genuine it should give a overall picture. I'm using net internal m2. If anyone has a wood burner would be good to say! I think my figure may need honing with exact dates I was very rough and ready to start with.
-
Well yours will be different you have a years worth of bills? On my estimated gas bill if I multiply the units on meter by 11 it gets me to roughly the right kWh. I've been in 5 months upto now. 12 to get me per annum
-
Got my total units used for the 5 months, multiplied by 11, divided by 5, multiplied by 12 then divided by sq metre. Have i dropped a clanger? Not sure how you would work out if using elec
-
In light of @AliG recent thread I want to know what everyones using per m2 to heat/heat and water/ heat and water and cook in their home I'm a neanderthal so i've just multiplied the gas meter units by 11 to get kWh, seems to get close enough to the figures on the bill. I've got 5 months of bills to work with but should be pretty even between heating months and non heating months up to now. I am at 68 kWh per m2 and that includes heating, hot water and cooking on hob.
-
Bad Airtightness Test Result
Oz07 replied to AliG's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
What are you @tonyshouse -
Bad Airtightness Test Result
Oz07 replied to AliG's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
I am yes Including heating, hot water and cooking on the hob -
Bad Airtightness Test Result
Oz07 replied to AliG's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
That 68 kWh would be for the whole year btw Yours is 44 kWh but only for heating? Is my maths off or is my mvhr system not recovering any heat!? -
Bad Airtightness Test Result
Oz07 replied to AliG's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
I get about 68kw per m2 if I take readings from August to now, should include an even amount of no heating and heating months. Also includes hot water -
Bad Airtightness Test Result
Oz07 replied to AliG's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
I've just looked at my meter I don't know how you heat that place so reasonably! It just goes to show the diminishing returns on this eco lark. I got an air score of just over 1, installed mvhr and I've just done my numbers. Ok it's a lot less than 900 for the heating and hot water but the difference isn't going to make me rich. I remember being sceptical about all this year's ago. People like Jeremy were convinced energy costs would rise. I always thought the govt would step in and keep costs down due to the rubbish housing stock we have and people would be bankrupted. Dont get me wrong I enjoy having a comfortable place but is it that much more comfortable than my last place which conformed to part L but didn't exceed in any way, not so sure. All this is making me think life is too short and I'd like an indoor pool! Ha. -
So 8.30 ish exc vat per sq m of 100mm cavity, 1.5 for 150, 2x for 200 etc etc
-
Good luck meeting up a couple of degrees difference and you're knackered
-
Bigger hole thru stone then some conduit sleeved over a smaller drill for the mid section?
-
It looks like it hooks over the inside edge of plate
