Oz07
Members-
Posts
3601 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by Oz07
-
Tips on reviewing roof truss design
Oz07 replied to MortarThePoint's topic in Roofing, Tiling & Slating
I meant trusses handballed off -
Tips on reviewing roof truss design
Oz07 replied to MortarThePoint's topic in Roofing, Tiling & Slating
Yes check on the quote what their delivery terms are. We've handballed a full attic off Donaldsons once driver had to wait quite a while! -
Also not sure about anyone else but in other houses i've built I was always dead quick to touch up if paint got marked. This one has had a tiny chip out of the plaster and a couple of marks on the walls of hallway since the carpet fitter came. I could easily touch them up but i'll only end up marking something else when I do it. One job always seems to create another. I'm chilled about this stuff now i'll get a decorator in when I move on.
-
Think @Carrerahill sums it up pretty well I reckon most of us here over think things. Original lockdown really slowed me down my second fix joinery delivery got put off for about 6 weeks. I could of got it somewhere else within a week at 20% more, was going to push the button but thought if I have to pay 20% for every item left to finish then i'll get the hump. Just moved on with other things and was generally inefficient. Anyway got the stuff in the end and old place sold quick once lockdown lifted so keep at it @SimonD one day it will all come together and jobs list will be done real quick.
-
look at your loadings on your truss spec, sure they will be okay
-
Give your head a wobble
Oz07 commented on canalsiderenovation's blog entry in Canalside Bungalow Renovation
Sorry I see renovation presume the rest of the house is not being plastered? -
Give your head a wobble
Oz07 commented on canalsiderenovation's blog entry in Canalside Bungalow Renovation
looks great! Must be dreaming if you think you will be in there in 3 weeks though! -
I cut all mine on a rainy Saturday morning in the garage. Hipped roof so there were 6 ext corners and a few straight joins. You'd probably find someone charge you half a day if theyre keen enough, they just to do all the joints if you give them the sizes.
-
As long as poss hand select if you need to
-
I think people need to give their heads a wobble in this thread the guy has asked what primer for tiling on to walls and he's been so confused by all the off piste answers he was about to use emulsion as a primer!!
-
I thought anything over 1.5 and you were on suspended floor? Fair play if you can get away with the slab cheaper and better I think
-
And also now suspended floor instead of slab!
-
Yeh either branded same as adhesive or sbr diluted as advised above.
-
Sussed it thanks @TonyT! Dissapointed I had to use my own brains here and nobody bothered to answer before today!
-
Under the tiles?! Wrong choice
-
Recommendation for a whole roof tarpaulin.
Oz07 replied to epsilonGreedy's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
Also a lot safer to put on -
Recommendation for a whole roof tarpaulin.
Oz07 replied to epsilonGreedy's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
Don't do it. Just get lath and felted -
Photos @Bored Shopper
-
I've recently bought a videx intercom and code entry. 200 ish. Gate soon to be installed but the videx seem to be well regarded
-
Minimum truss spacing for readymade fancy loft ladder.
Oz07 replied to epsilonGreedy's topic in Roofing, Tiling & Slating
The ladders are made for 600 c ie 550mm gap. You can always put mvhr up before you fix the frame in. -
True @newhome. Mine basically complies might have a few extra shelves in than allowed. I think you're unlikely to get pulled by the vat man unless you have a big claim for extravagant wardrobes like that bespoke bloke near me does. In reality a few extra bits of cls, some extra plasterboard and some shelving is going to get swallowed up in the whole house vat claim pretty easily.
-
Should add that includes shelves and hanging rails etc
-
I did that too nod but don't underestimate the cost. Did mine after the place had been plastered and I reckon with all labour and materials they've got to be worth a grand per set
-
My 2g Windows in last place seemed to sometimes suffer from condensation internally. I think it was something to do with the vents.
