Oz07
Members-
Posts
3601 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by Oz07
-
Plastering over a thin sand/cement parge coat.
Oz07 replied to epsilonGreedy's topic in Brick & Block
Also 3 and 1. @PeterW must be getting his cement like he gets everything else...cheap as fu*k I was more like 5 maybe 6 definatley not 3 -
Plastering over a thin sand/cement parge coat.
Oz07 replied to epsilonGreedy's topic in Brick & Block
I used a stiff brush and destroyed 2 on mine. It kills the bristles -
Have you heard of the insulating blocks? Perisul or marmox or whatever they are? Think most use these in this situation.
-
Do you think you're better off this way? Im the opposite 99% of the time try to pay day rate. I'd say if you're fair and the guys you're using are trustworthy its usually cheaper on a day rate. Not many subbies go around under pricing their quotes
-
Plastering over a thin sand/cement parge coat.
Oz07 replied to epsilonGreedy's topic in Brick & Block
Mines been done like that. Score just over 1 on the air test. That's good enough for me -
Cost benefit analysis of thermally broken front door
Oz07 replied to Adsibob's topic in Heat Insulation
No chance. Forget that. -
Plastering over a thin sand/cement parge coat.
Oz07 replied to epsilonGreedy's topic in Brick & Block
Not true if parged and detailed correctly -
Trade waste centre as general waste by weight got to be cheapest legitimate disposal. Skips are all about volume.
-
Part 4 - Foundations Stage 2 - Stones/Sand/Insulation
Oz07 commented on SuperJohnG's blog entry in Scottish SIPS build
Looks great btw -
Part 4 - Foundations Stage 2 - Stones/Sand/Insulation
Oz07 commented on SuperJohnG's blog entry in Scottish SIPS build
Does your uhf go underneath your steel? Do you staple it to bottom of insulation and if so what about dpm Edit sorry just read it's below eps -
Just go 15mm. I used to go 12.5mm on nogs but 15 is so much easier. I see a lot of jobs where they go 12.5 on 600s with no nogging and all seems to be fine no more or less cracking than any other houses. I wouldn't do it but anecdotally it's not the end of the world.
-
You probably don't see many TRAVELLER caravan enthusiasts round your way
-
Why do the caravan enthusiasts leave them on every site if you get refunds on the bottles
-
MVHR P Trap & outlet
Oz07 replied to mike2016's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
I've got a fanny trap but maybe the 3/4" inch pipe dripping down into the hockey stick for the washing machine would have been just as good. Could see if it was dripping then and would exclude the need for a trap? -
Confused by Triple Glazing Justification
Oz07 replied to MortarThePoint's topic in Windows & Glazing
Theyre economical and do a job. If my nan has had 30 years usage I'd say that's good enough for a lot of people. They recycle the old plastic frames now don't they? Bit like mvhr here, people spend big then will convince themselves it's justified. I know the good Windows are better, but not everything always needs to be the best of the best. -
Stop worrying
-
Confused by Triple Glazing Justification
Oz07 replied to MortarThePoint's topic in Windows & Glazing
I'd be more interested in what the frame is built from and the longevity of this if it was a forever home. Do the high quality window suppliers just use the same size rebate with deeper beading for 2g as opposed to 3g? My nans been in her place over 30 years now. Got the rosewood upvc they put in when renovated before moving in. Changed a few units but the frames still serviceable now. How long are the "good quality" 2g Windows expected to last above the standard upvc product? Got the standard upvc in mine and got a good air test result. I think when it comes to Windows be careful not to overspend and don't believe all the hype. -
Same here went with small champher blocks. Not tumbled either I'm not paying extra for my blocks to be chipped up.
-
I got it in a few seasons.
-
My friends are hindhead I know it's pretty pricey round there
-
10k per m2 crazy. Whereabouts is this @joth
-
Lintels over an 8inch (I used 6) pipe built into the wall. Fill gaps in with compo and crap.
-
Tony Tray Airtightness
Oz07 replied to Johnny Jekyll's topic in Energy Efficient & Sustainable Design Concepts
I meant concrete bricks/brickette/clunkers.
