Jump to content

Oz07

Members
  • Posts

    3601
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by Oz07

  1. Yeh great stuff
  2. I know but if one gets inside through window or open door in summer these are bypassed
  3. Illbruck I think
  4. Why are timber frame people never concerned about vermin damage to membrane in walls? I've got membrane above my ceiling and I always think if vermin were to get in there it would be a nightmare.
  5. No I forget the make but it's top notch. Its in the garage I can tell you next time in there. Used it round all Windows underneath window board etc
  6. Air tight foam. The proper stuff. Really good. @Russell griffiths can attest to that
  7. Anyway a joiner I know is allowed to burn offcuts in a burner he has. Neighbours have complained and council been out and all ok. Morale of storey don't buy a house next door to an industrial unit.
  8. Didn't he also say it's your duty to break it if its unfair and we don't agree with it? Sorry to digress from thread.
  9. Wait till you see what else happens on building sites in the real world.
  10. I'd just seen it mentioned on couple of forums but googled this https://fortune.com/2021/06/16/lumber-prices-falling-2021-chart-update-price-of-lumber-going-down-wood-costs/
  11. How pushed are you for time? I've read that timber has peaked. Could be more normal by the time you're ready to go.
  12. Trouble is prices have gone past any stamp duty saving.
  13. Paslode gas better for paslode guns. Cheap gas rubbish.
  14. Use paslode with paslode gun
  15. Battens won't give you the sane stability as diagonal or diaphragm bracing
  16. Its properly gone crazy hasn't it. I see a place come up today, clean but could do with modernising. Offers over 300k at 67m2 for a crappy town in Leics that's mad. Your Rutland villages and Swithland area maybe justifies 4500 per m2. I took 3000 per m2 on my place last August and was happy to get it.
  17. Diaphragm bracing can work well if insulating between rafters. You usually lose an inch of head height if diagonal bracing
  18. Everyone in the trade seems to be. I bet it was all the same in 08 though I reckon not many see it coming.
  19. @ProDave right we are definatley in the boom cycle atm. How long it will last is anyone's guess? @Mr Punter?
  20. So how does it work any idea? I know a lot here can mess about with there own heat pumps whereas you need gas safe for boiler but again not a fair comparison. You need to allow full rate labour for installation of both. I suppose it would be fair to take the gas connection cost (or add the connection on to gas option 400?) Off the ashp route. You're always going to need leccy but gas wouldn't be needed with ashp
  21. I've had a connection over the max 35m subsidy length on private land before. Was prepared to use trax pipe for the 're remaning 10 or 20 with a renote boundary box but some folding gear in the boys pockets soon sorted that issue. Proper box out front of house no trax in sight.
  22. Limestone clogs up doesn't it?
  23. 25 be ok but might have acoustic implications. Probably find it's a bit less than 25 with the tolerance on boards and joints not being 100% tight
  24. Will the chalk clog up over time?
×
×
  • Create New...