Jump to content

Oz07

Members
  • Posts

    3601
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by Oz07

  1. 72 or 36 hours the longest retarder. It is easy to plan if the weather plays ball. Mix consistency, colour and strength all spot on.
  2. I couldn't get for this place but is definatley the way forward. Think there's a bit more wastage and bit of waiting time but if you have a dumpy of sand and few cement on site for blockwork to avoid dead starts.
  3. This thread screams nimby to me. Fair play for getting people here on side when a lot of them will have had struggles with their own nimbys.
  4. Do you get away without external lintels on wet cast heads?
  5. Amstrad durable matt gets rave reviews. I've used that in hall and dulux diamond in kitchen. Diamond is better but not matt
  6. If you have dpc tray I'd prefer insulation as you go, ie batts built in.
  7. Not cheap that business is it. Glad I shelled for the extra cost of some 32mm mdpe here
  8. No minimum. I've had 750mm before now. Architect puts sone mot on drawing about non flammable construction job done
  9. I undercut all around and foam in with inbetween fitting. Easier and better job IMO. I use foil tape if I have to do pir over top of joists/rafters. In my layman brain it completes the foil vapour barrier.
  10. Do you have a tardis to go back to the 60s
  11. With ones as heavy as that i reckon you'd want to sling them properly not just stick the forks in the middle and lift
  12. Re spec what kind of thickness back panels do these German have? One point with UK suppliers DIY are the only company who seem to supply full thickness 18mm back panels. Its not the be all and end all just a genuine difference I thought worthy of mention.
  13. How is OP going to loft trusses off the truck? Telehandler did I read he had?
  14. Never had or fitted treated trusses
  15. Who has time for more than 8 hrs on site exc travel. You must literally be sacrificing your life.
  16. How manyb of these work away from home lot do a full shift Friday? Most I worked with come in to clean up. End of.
  17. Sorry I meant European then. Basically anyone working away from home is happy to put in a long shift.
  18. Pcc every time. Never used warranty never had a problem
  19. Anyone who works more than 8 hours in my experience seems to be eastern European. Any bloke worth their salt does 8 hours. I start at half 7 and start packing up at half 3. Sometimes I'm gone by 15.35 other times 16.00 The trade has been decimated by people working away from home happy to plod on 7am till 7pm with no life.
  20. 3 or 4 days at 250 then? Tbf your mvhr system and unit cheap at 400 fair play
  21. Did a charity come and do all the labour for you then?
  22. Seems I was right...funny that. I think the main problem getting an unbiased opinion of people who have it is that they've spent so much money on the system, so much time on detailing the airtightness, they won't be honest with themselves about how good it is. As you say location and climate important factors, as is usage of the house. Home all day in winter and large family vs single person or couple household who work full time.
  23. It is the same area that's why there's 5no 20p as opposed to 1no. 5p
  24. Just going to put the spade bits in my drill for the car experiment
×
×
  • Create New...