Oz07
Members-
Posts
3601 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by Oz07
-
Are you a system designer then peter?
-
Maybe a rush of as designed Sap submissions before the cut off them a bit like 2015 when part l changed.
-
Not bad. My boiler about a bag of sand then 45 each year to keep 10 yr warranty. I think @joth has articulated the concerns better than me. Also as @PeterStarck says they do need larger area to work due to lower temp. I thought the argument was if it's a well insulated home and gas is avail use that, then swap to ashp if and when gas becomes obsolete.
-
I wonder if there will be a last minute rush on gas boilers in 24/25?
-
Actually he can't - he refuses to service or fix them, just new installs. Id imagine by 2025 he will be retired and just doing jobs for beer tokens
-
How cheap @joe90? I know the heating system is roughly similar, bar size of rads. But id say there's a lot more people out there that could fit a boiler but not an ashp. The plumber I use is coming up to 60 hard enough to drag him into semi modern practices as it is!
-
I have a feeling you will disagree with whatever I say! I wouldn't know if it is a simpler option in the technical sense, just that it is the common thing to use. Operation is hands off, though I suspect ASHP is too? Design seems easy enough - size appropriately. Do people often size ASHP wrong? Installation - Wouldn't know, plumber makes it look pretty easy and lots of readily available fitters. Maintenance - The yearly check to keep the 10 year warranty seems pretty quick. What kind of warranty is on ASHP? Bet they don't need yearly inspections?
-
Gas is just a lot more straightforward for Neanderthals like me
-
WPD quote for electricity supply blowing our budget
Oz07 replied to Omnibuswoman's topic in Electrics - Other
They've got a bag of sand in for tree cutting. Think @ProDave advice is the best bet. Also sharing with neighbour if they get permission -
WPD quote for electricity supply blowing our budget
Oz07 replied to Omnibuswoman's topic in Electrics - Other
300mm?! -
tile primer
-
CAT6 cable going to my gate. Currently looped up outside next to the duct waiting to be pulled under the driveway to the gate. The duct is the 40/50mm stuff which the power companies supply quite rigid to an extent (can bend 90deg but over a large radius). How should I protect this cable where is runs down the wall for a few inches and enters the duct? Should I try to seal both ends of the duct to stop any water getting in and the cable being immersed in water? Thanks
-
i try not to give the job to any company which takes that attitude
-
@PeterStarck I've had testers who are reluctant to issue cert without knowing what your target is. Annoys me who are they the air test police? They are paid to test air leakage and give you a result not a pass/fail certificate
-
@ProDave were you stick build?
-
Yes an air test is all you need to convert as built into finished
-
A perfectly good house destroyed by greed
Oz07 replied to Thedreamer's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
Bit of easi fill sort that out in no time. In for Xmas -
A line of clear silicone can form a temp drip just to test
-
Haggling: has it worked for you? (Oct 2020)
Oz07 replied to BotusBuild's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
Only anecdotal. I had 30 lengths delivered and sent the lot back. Was a couple of quid cheaper than my usual merchants but half the weight per length. They said it complied with BS but I sent back. Next lot from buildbase arrived and were bananas. Straight back in the lorry. Third time lucky from EH Smith. -
Mistake, advice needed . Insulation in cavity stops at DPC.
Oz07 replied to connick159's topic in Brick & Block
I would think blown beads is am option drilled from outside. Look into it -
Haggling: has it worked for you? (Oct 2020)
Oz07 replied to BotusBuild's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
I'd imagine you will be susceptible to the low stock levels due to the scamdemic hence no desire for merchant to budge. Be careful with drainage there is some poor stuff about which still complies with British standards
