Jump to content

Oz07

Members
  • Posts

    3601
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by Oz07

  1. Why not introduce 3 course of coursing brick above joists and brick it back in 300mm from bottom of joist, ie around top of chipboard level.
  2. Why wouldn't it. I used some of that board it's nice to cut. You must be a sucker for punishment curved wall on a shower!
  3. I think with regards to access a driveway can serve upto 5 dwelling before the spec needs upping. Check it out I know my last place had this as mine was the 5th
  4. Is it already used for access?! Difficult to argue against if so
  5. I prefer this way. Get double the amount of 75mm
  6. I used 200mm eps under my slab was equivalent to 150mm pir from memory but significantly cheaper
  7. I was always led to believe ground bearing slab more efficient than block and beam because the temperature below it is higher. I think warranty companies prefer block and beam but they are dearer and not as simple.
  8. Think question two will to a small extent depend on question 1. Don't discount a ground bearing slab if you do go for strip footings. I personally think separate slab and screed is old hat nowadays. Welcome any way your project should go down well here.
  9. How are you all finishing these warm deck roofs at the edges. I did one recently that was getting on for 400mm thick all in. Cut the ends of the joists so they tapered to 100mm at the end on the eaves as per drawing but still leaves a thick fascia. I see some builders finishing the warm roof at wall insulation point, with a step down to a standard cold flat roof for overhang. Not sure how this effects condensation.
  10. Yes. I'd move it below the slab
  11. Gas the easiest to deal with Leccy ok Water the worst.
  12. Not a bad shout @Gus Potter keeping it simple and doing away with fixings and metalwork. Could make it work to course height
  13. Just use a board way easier.
  14. Re speed skim. Plasterers I know love it for flattening off. @nod?
  15. Prep even more crucial on solid concrete imprinted driveways. Concrete doesn't flex!
  16. I got a ccj against a 1 director Ltd company recently. I hope it's knackering up his personal insurances too.
  17. Most small whackers should be like 100mm layers max at a time with 4 passes in each direction.
  18. I think the issues are more to do with the type of "tradesmen", usually caravan enthusiasts, which offer their services in this area. You will find exactly the same issues with tarmac if you look at sone drives. As above, all in the prep.
  19. Some temporary 4 inch nails down into the perps or blocks if soft enough help to stop it from moving while framing the roof. Then straps as above.
  20. Are you handy? The donkey work is pretty simple DIY
  21. What grips the compo?
  22. Used them on this job for someone as log cabin base. Can be hard to knock the spikes in to the hard-core but if one or two break off not the end of the world as they all interlock anyway.
  23. What did you pay out of interest? Small bits of kit like these are normally a great earner for the companies % wise. Wouldn't go back to hand nailing would you...
  24. Plaster stains oak doesn't it? Fit afterwards if poss as above
×
×
  • Create New...