Jump to content

Tennentslager

Members
  • Posts

    1464
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by Tennentslager

  1. Carpet for a bedroom or you will soon cover it in rugs? Or they will?
  2. But surely that's good...trained eye drinks it all in, measures up the odd topic to look at. Result...he's not signing an MOT thankfully
  3. There's a fella in your garage with binoculars!
  4. I always ignore that bit...
  5. Two months old and slight black scratches/marks are appearing...hard to see in a photograph but I thought I could detect a pattern maybe indicating a stress fracture emminating from where it's bolted to the wall. Fitted it myself so was sure I didn't over tighten it and had the nylon bush property seated...visual check confirmed all was well underneath. Anyway, I worked it out. Faffing around drying the basin with toilet paper to get a clear picture I realised that I'd just added an identical type of scratch in a new place! It was my new Titanium wedding ring that's the culprit...maybe it's not Titanium and I was ripped off online again. Anyone ever heard of such a thing????
  6. I'm hoping you have the December party in the house but seeing as it's in the dead zone for bistro/restaurant business, why not put some feelers out for an alternative venue? Good luck, the house looks fantastic, especially that roof
  7. Welcome back @caliwag it's been a while...nice to see you commenting again ?
  8. opaque walls as ventilated facade What's that mean? And how come you chose your car registration as your username thingy???
  9. Love the colour of yer windows!
  10. That's a very big *shed* What's it for?
  11. Thanks @Oz07 Worked it out. Removed this screw...small amount of splinter from where this breaking through the door was interfering with the mechanism. At this 2 o'clock position it's next to the catch on the cam behind. Did the same on the other sticky one and now both are as smooth as a squid in Vaseline after a few Martinis ?
  12. Been fitting new doors and a couple of the handles are sticky...the action isn't smooth and seems like a catch or obstruction at about half way down when you depress to open the door. The sticky ones also don't pop back up like they should. I've checked everything and suspect they are shit handles...client bought from B&Q
  13. I say look at it closely I've had a few and first thought K but after another glass I'm going for F
  14. Welcome from me too...how's the property situation in your part of Italy? Will you get loads of Euros for your gaff and will the exchange rate cost you or benefit? Btw we like photos?
  15. Replacing skirting in a 1960s house...when the old came off, so did the plaster...in deep chunks at some places. Should I mix up some browning plaster and make good, probably need a couple of coats in some areas or is foam too much of a bodge? I.e. would a muli tool finish the foam neatly enough and would the new skirting stick to it with adhesive? I'm favouring option one...?
  16. Here's a pic of board on board from my hut. You will have to counter batten to allow air movement behind the cladding. This pic is of sarking board left untreated (can be as cheap as £6 per metre) and now two years old.
  17. Nick will be along but I'd bet 2 or 3mm max for tile spacing ?
  18. Ethical hacking at the local Uni...? Or some of your old dark side contacts? That'll do it.
  19. Can it swear in four languages and drink tea by the gallon...
  20. https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/polycarbonate-roof-sheets/1259084593 Long way from you though...
  21. +1 Much better and for only a few dollars more you get improved racking strength and it's easy to walk on!
  22. Noticed this all over this bit of Poland... guess they paint out the ceiling and wall junction in white, then masking tape the top 30mm of wall before painting. Seen it with paint and wallpaper but not tiles. In this picture only the wall with the frame has any colour (kinda greeny lime) the other walls and ceiling are white. Good way or what?
  23. Get the app, make a few calls to potential buddies and sleep on it. I think you know the answer but need a push to get you over the line. Good luck, I'd offer myself but too busy next week ?
  24. Have you checked out gumtree under looking for work construction section? There's a boy named Craig near you looking just now...see
×
×
  • Create New...