Temp
Members-
Posts
10690 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
43
Everything posted by Temp
-
BT Solar get a mention here.. https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5789208&page=2
-
Three methods to put In post and rail fencing posts: 1) A post hole borer: Have to back fill. 2) A post rammer/driver: You use a large pry bar with a pointed end to get the hole started then hammer in pointed posts. 3) Get a farmer to push them in using the bucket on a digger or similar. Use batten cut to length so they re all pushed to same depth.
-
I think a 25mm bit should go through most building blocks without to much difficulty, nothing like as hard as poured concrete.
-
If you need an alternative to SketchUp perhaps look at Fusion 360. Free for home users. See youtubd for how to get it free. Google suggests it supports BIM objects but I've not tried it. I found SketchUp easy to use at first, and even did a planning application using it, but then more complex things seemed hard. Been using F360 for only a little while but it seems easier to to me.
-
Didn't know there are two versions/voltages. I went for Hikvision POE cameras and a 8 port hub with built in POE support, hooked them up and they worked, no injectors or strippers. If doing so again I think I would investigate cameras with an alarm input and use a separate PIR sensor to trigger recording because motion detection either in the camera or server has problems. Possibily also separate IR illuminators to try and draw spiders away from the camera?
-
90 mins with my Stihl today and I managed about a quarter of it ? Seriously thinking about hiring a power scythe if I can get one at a good price. The bind weed keeps tangling around the strimmer head.
-
I'm trying to cut the overgrown grass in the church yard next door... We need a robo powered scythe.
-
Personally I would try and build the floor strong enough and rigid enough for tiles if possible. That might mean reducing the joist pitch to avoid needing to double up the WPB? I think 18mm is the minimum recommended (for carpet) but I might be wrong.
-
We have a Britannia dual fuel range (two electric ovens and six LPG rings). Now about 12 years old. Had two elements warp/break, door seals come loose and a door hinge fail. However all the parts were readily available on the web and not too expensive. So yes I would buy one again.
-
I've made three or four complaints to the ASA, all upheld. Can all be done via their website. If complaining about an online advert they will ask for a screen shot if you have one. Typically they will ask the advertiser to justify their claim. If it's a complex technical issue they may send you the advertisers reply for you to comment on. One problem is that the advertiser can drag out the process, sometimes for a year, and then withdraw the advert. In such cases the ASA don't always publish a decision so there is no bad publicity for the advertiser.
-
Think I agree. The porch, utility room and corridor seem wasteful. Do you need a sink in the utility room. If there is a ground floor bathroom? Perhaps move something from kitchen in there?
-
Looks good to me. I'd print out copies of the emails just for safety.
-
You can get MDPE check valves and brass taps with an MDPE backplate for mounting on a temporary post. Get one to match the size of MDPE pipe you have.
-
Telegraph.co.uk: Fix for smart meters 'going dumb' delayed until end of 2020... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/05/17/fix-smart-meters-going-dumb-delayed-five-million-households/ Was meant to be end of 2018 so that's a 2 year delay. Clearly it proving a lot harder to sort out the mess than they thought.
-
I'll get one when they can guarantee I will get a SMEETS 2 meter. For some reason we don't get pestered to have one at all.
-
If it's any consolation I've also got holes this year, both where there were large weeds and where there was more Moss than grass. Some years it just seems worse than others. Have to cover reseeded patches with chicken wire or the rabbits that live in the churchyard next door come and dig holes.
-
We also had turf laid but good preparation is key. Should be dug, and stones removed several times then rolled. Make sure you have a decent water supply. Dry windy weather can wreck turf in under an hour. It shrinks up leaving gaps. If you had a week of sunny weather you might need sprinklers running and being moved around constantly the whole week. This was a big problem for us. Two sprinklers was only just enough. Once the turf anchors itself down you are reasonable safe but do watch out. I treat my lawn every spring with lawn sand (for moss) and either Weedol or Verdone Lawn weed killer for everything else. If you have a lot of grass perhaps look at weed killers such as Depitox Selective which might work out cheaper. Don't cut it too short or that encourages moss and weeds.
-
I've been surprised by some of the low prices for 4kw arrays on eBay. Some suggest the panels are Canadian?
-
Possible extension under 4 floor of flats
Temp replied to Cristo's topic in New House & Self Build Design
+1 I think very unlikely to get planning permission anyway.- 6 replies
-
- extension
- groundfloor
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Ive read that some PIR have a test or walk mode that allows them to be set up in daylight. Apparently a power cut can sometimes put them into test mode and some fiddling with the switch is needed to get back to normal mode. Missing lenses might let spiders in, blocking light to the sensor? Any dirt on the photo cell will also alter the trigger point making them switch on earlier/off later or stay enabled all day. Might just need to readjust or clean the photo cell.
-
Another government debacle! 'smart meters'!
Temp replied to oranjeboom's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
Its what happens when you let an industry that has a vested interest in retaining customers run a program they don't want to pay for. It always struck me as strange that energy companies were tasked with specifying and installing them rather than the DNOs. -
How to keep birds off my camera?
Temp replied to readiescards's topic in Networks, AV, Security & Automation
Then the spiders will feel more at home :-) -
How to keep birds off my camera?
Temp replied to readiescards's topic in Networks, AV, Security & Automation
Put a steeply sloped/near vertical cover over it?
