Discount Offers of the Week

Got one 3 weeks ago when it was £299. 

NB they  charge for delivery, non-optional, no collection from a shop....

NB2 not available in  Highlands postcodes , regardless if this is Inverness, where there is an Aldi, or Rockall.

there is more to this story: perhaps later.

It has had a hard 2 weeks. If anything it is a bit narrow, but the same machine seems to be at TS for twice the price.

I got a smaller version of that in a diy store but it looks the same. Not to be confused with a professional version made with tubes.

Even standing at 2m it feels very wobbly, but is better than a ladder for a longer job.

I took to climbing to it on  a step ladder rather than through the hatch.

Also it is bolted together so is a performance unless you can keep it erected.  And the bolts need checking every time.

For that high version, I think I would want to tied it to the wall.

For the right diy job, and with care, it could be ok.

18 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

I got a smaller version of that in a diy store but it looks the same. Not to be confused with a professional version made with tubes.

Even standing at 2m it feels very wobbly, but is better than a ladder for a longer job.

I took to climbing to it on  a step ladder rather than through the hatch.

Also it is bolted together so is a performance unless you can keep it erected.  And the bolts need checking every time.

For that high version, I think I would want to tied it to the wall.

For the right diy job, and with care, it could be ok.

I was considering it to access our stairway light for dusting/changing bulbs etc, some 6m high. Perhaps not. 

3 hours ago, Vijay said:

Only if the high quality is known imo. Working at height is not a place for taking potential risks.

I have a Wickes work platform like that, which goes up to about 1.8m, and is fine for eg working on a conservatory or bay window roof.

But I have a Zarges tower for anything over 2m ,which will go up to about 8m with proper stabilisers.

For anyone who has financed an £nnn,nnn self-build, I would suggest a pro-version, which is perhaps only £500 or so more.

You probably only get to fall off something 5m high once, as it is on a solid surface. Then you get to spend the £500 saved on an appliance. And lots more £500s on hiring workmen.

2 hours ago, jayc89 said:

I was considering it to access our stairway light for dusting/changing bulbs etc, some 6m high. Perhaps not. 

My risk-averse suggestion for that would perhaps be a decorative light fitting that hangs the bulbs 3.5m lower, and a telescopic feather duster.

😁.

Though one of the glories of LED bulbs is that they all last for years.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Only if the high quality is known imo.

For anyone who has financed an £nnn,nnn self-build, I would suggest a pro-version, which is perhaps only £500 or so more.

You probably only get to fall off something 3-4m high once, as it is on a solid surface. Then you get to spend the £500 saved on an appliance.

when you say 'pro' version are you talking about the 'Industrial' or the 'Trade' versions?

1 hour ago, Ferdinand said:

Only if the high quality is known imo. Working at height is not a place for taking potential risks.

I have a Wickes work platform like that, which goes up to about 1.8m, and is fine for eg working on a conservatory or bay window roof.

But I have a Zarges tower for anything over 2m ,which will go up to about 8m with proper stabilisers.

You probably only get to fall off something 5m high once, as it is on a solid surface. Then you get to spend the £500 saved on an appliance. And lots more £500s on hiring workmen.

Fully agree, it piece of equipment you want to be stable and robust. I bought a used MiTower as I wasn’t happy working on a DIY tower. Should get the money back when I sell.

• 3 weeks later...

Reduced again.

Ours was £50 more, and was certainly a good buy. A little small for our large area, but well worth buying instead of hiring.

Actually that is a handy width for trenches.

NB no delivery AT ALL at any price to IV and some AB areas.

Absolutely appalling, when they have a shop in Inverness, but I blame ignorance rather than prejudice.

Same power but 7cm wider at Screwfix costs £616.   yes six hundred and sixteen.

image.thumb.png.68e5fbde0db50ec47f987872124432c9.png

Edited by saveasteading

Aldi UK. Now here is our experience of "Aldi Not really all the UK" .

Our project is near Inverness, the capital of the Highlands. A very bustling place with every UK retailer you can think of.

For those who are rusty on geography, there is a road from the south all the way to Inverness, mostly motorway or dual carriageway. It is not on an island. There is an Aldi in the city.

We tried to order the machine online but it said 'not available'.

So we phoned, thinking there was a mistake.

No we do not deliver to the Highland area.

Alright, we will collect at your store in Inverness

No you can't do that, we have no control as we don't deliver it, the manufacturer does and they won't deliver to Inverness.

But we want to buy it from Aldi, as your advert, not from the manufacturer, and you don't exclude any region.

Can't help, but why not get it sent somewhere else?

Annoyed, but needing it, we had it sent to a family member in Cornwall, who was coming to help the next week.

(There was a deliver charge, applicable anywhere).

This is the van delivering in Cornwall . Our orange emphasis.

inverness van.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, saveasteading said:

Annoyed, but needing it, we had it sent to a family member in Cornwall, who was coming to help the next week.

If I had know I would have taken the week off and cadged a ride.  Quite fancy a few days up your way.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...