Jump to content

Oz07

Members
  • Posts

    3601
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by Oz07

  1. I wouldn't worry about public comments they hold next to no weight unless they quote planning policies. Not sure if a certain number in your district puts you into comittiee territory? Having not seen the application vs old one i'd say your worrying for nowt. Planning wouldn't want to refuse then have you win at appeal. Agree the planning system needs a shakeup. Perhaps they can trial a new system in these new towns where each plot has outline permission for a house of maximum size and maximum stories. Design is completely upto owner. Have some basic overlooking rules perhaps.
  2. Like the landing/mezzanine effect
  3. Used the click quickstep lvyn in my latest place. Brilliant. Warm under foot, durable and easy to put down. The glued down lvt seems a more premium product but I can do the click myself. What are you all paying m2 supplied and fitted
  4. Will update on air score in a few months. Building regs measurement different to the ach as used by better houses. I think I read score has to be below 3 on building regs scale for mvhr to stack up? Less than 3 should be comfortably achievable on self builds where more attention to detail is the norm. Less so on developer houses
  5. Interesting thread and discussion. My system gets delivered today for similar size bungalow. Be interesting to see how I get on. 1700 excl designed and supplied
  6. When you're done it think you will wish you bought the off the peg one! Sounds time consuming and will you get as good finish paint wise? A local joiners shop might be able to do you the corners on the spindle for a drink. I've used half inch router cutter does about 35mm radius was a bit of a beast
  7. Not usually accepted on deeper founds. Might be best off excavating an concrete before deciding on slab/floor. Bco might only make you go 1.5
  8. Not much good for mvhr a drop down seal. Check out bwf fire regs @AnonymousBosch think 10mm under a door is within spec. As said though I'd be questioning why you have fd30 in your 1st floor
  9. Good video. Missing a bit of detail. Has he worked those plenum heights out to finish bang on ceiling height or cut them pre boarding? Would be a bit of a pig to cut afterwards. How come he's halfway between first and second fix. Ceilings taped and jointed but studs exposed elsewhere. I presume it's also important to cover plenums while plastering and decorating?
  10. I don't think the chipboard will expand too much. Like when you leave 10mm expansion on things that you also have to nail. I'd be suprised if most chipboard would expand any more than 3 or 4 mm round the whole perimeter of a room
  11. What about sole plate ontop of chipboard how much weight is in your partitions
  12. Never seen it. Seems a bit rough
  13. In reference to previous weeks post don't think ashp will graduate to mainstream until they are fit and forget. I wouldn't have the knowledge or understanding on how the fit an external pump or correct a software error. What chance does a non building person have?!
  14. When I fill up to test i leave full till backfill if poss
  15. Is there any difference in deflection or stiffness between posi and I joist
  16. Claim undelivered should read
  17. I used to be the type who would claim delivered but changed a year or two ago. Try to keep good karma now plus @Construction Channel has a point. I hate going anywhere to collect a parcel and it's only that way because society is knackered because we have no conscience
  18. *toplite etc
  19. Surely you can all figure out airated. Its the type that look like a aero chocolate bar with bubble like appearance. There are various manufactures which make them hence different product names celcon took its etc. Lightweight conc, sense conc then isn't there like a hybrid light conc with expanded clay @PeterW @Brickie @Declan52 ? I've used ultralytes on latest place
  20. Leave them to do it in their own time. Surely you're not going to blow the dough each month because they aren't asking for it?!
  21. Are we talking airated or lightweight conc?
  22. I think op is specifically talking high performance frames where vapour barriers and condensation points etc etc
  23. Oz07

    First Blog Post

    How long have you been following the forum? Did you get any prices for insulated raft?
  24. Depending on what local authority I don't know of CIL will apply. I'm in Leicestershire and upto 2years ago we were still paying open space s106. My most recent planning had no CIL or 106. We must be a deprived county!
×
×
  • Create New...