Oz07
Members-
Posts
3601 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by Oz07
-
Retrofit a ridge board between roof trusses, how?
Oz07 replied to epsilonGreedy's topic in Roofing, Tiling & Slating
Tosh nail same as you do a noggin between 2 pieces. -
Retrofit a ridge board between roof trusses, how?
Oz07 replied to epsilonGreedy's topic in Roofing, Tiling & Slating
It's not got to be 1 continuous piece get that out of your head straight away. You be also not got to square the tops off just lift the nogs up so they finish at peak level or higher. You're over thinking this. -
Retrofit a ridge board between roof trusses, how?
Oz07 replied to epsilonGreedy's topic in Roofing, Tiling & Slating
You in effect just need to nog between the trusses to give you a nice flat surface to sit the roll on? Most roofers with dry ridge screw a batten along the top of the trusses at the peak to fix down into. Couldn't you do this Then fit roll ontop of that. 2x1 batten is fine for 600 slate is lighter than concrete or clay. -
Door sizes disabled regs.
Oz07 replied to Russell griffiths's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
I think when ordering external door just ask your supplier if part m compliant. The onus should be on them then. A bit like if you get a quote for stairs and can't achieve the regs they make you aware of this and sign disclaimer -
I think fire foam only passes the test it needs to when no more than 10mm between 2 conc blocks. On proper joints now they want fire batts with imtimescent mastic.
-
Door sizes disabled regs.
Oz07 replied to Russell griffiths's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
Most bco be fine 838 internal it's just external door they can be funny about -
Door sizes disabled regs.
Oz07 replied to Russell griffiths's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
800 clear opening so if you have an anal bc he will measure off your doorstop on lock side to face of door on other side. Ask me how I know! -
I see companies promoting opportunities for reps to take up reporting of this. Presume there is some bizzare financial incentive
-
Realistic U-values of brick & block?
Oz07 replied to bgmill's topic in New House & Self Build Design
It's ok making your house airtight but how many times do you shut a door and it slams because the Windows open. Happening to me regularly atm. You get used to the room having a certain amount of vaccum then SLAM -
I'd prefer something not hard bound like plannings which could be repaired easily. Not great for workshop though.
-
1 60 is more like 18mm. I've laid at 12 before now.
- 24 replies
-
Not end of the world
-
Some rotary levels so this and mark with the reciever. Mine does. Also gives 90 deg
-
Is the slab poured on polythene? Do you have a section of drawing I don't understand why you'd need waterproofing. My slab is below dpc level of brickwork but wrapped up
-
Door threshold height, disabled regs.
Oz07 replied to Russell griffiths's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
Just ask when ordering if part m compliant. Look ok to me. -
What made you swap methods?
-
Broadband cable & future proofing
Oz07 replied to WWilts's topic in Networks, AV, Security & Automation
What do you lot all pay for internet. I'm currently paying 40 for internet and SIM only mobile pretty much all unlimited think only 10gb on the phone data though. If I move to virgin their low vroom package is like 32, the phone is around 12 quid then you get 5 off if you have both. This is thru business and excludes vat. Suddenly I think 500 quid a year is a decent chunk of money. -
What would a mortgage company be happiest with. Twin timber frame or icf? What is classed as standard and non standard?
-
Recent material cost increases since Jan 1st
Oz07 replied to puntloos's topic in Costing & Estimating
Mdf/ply/OSB used to be roughly a pound per mm plus vat. Was a good yardstick. I reckon you'd pay 45 quid for a sheet of 18mm now? -
Recent material cost increases since Jan 1st
Oz07 replied to puntloos's topic in Costing & Estimating
I'll be pissed if I get clobbered for future tax rises. I was happy to be one of the so called 'forgotten' ltd who didn't receive a penny. I look after myself. I have a feeling though I'll somehow get clobbered for more NI going forward. They have already bought in tax on divis. Subbies should start paying more NI if they took any of the covid grants. -
Legal advice on a shared driveway
Oz07 replied to newbuild's topic in Party Wall & Property Legal Issues
I had one and I lost a purchaser once because their solicitor wasn't happy about the ownership agreement. Can't really remember how it works but they all own a share of it I think All jointly responsible. Although they need my permission to grant any other person access across it so in theory no further development bit like a ransom strip I suppose? I would always try to avoid one again if poss just as the potential for dispute is always there. Although wouldn't rule out a house because of it especially if only shared between 2 -
Broadband cable & future proofing
Oz07 replied to WWilts's topic in Networks, AV, Security & Automation
I'm going fibre next month with virgin supposed to average around 200mbs -
Availability might be a consideration. Few years ago it was easier to get hold of clay
-
Recent material cost increases since Jan 1st
Oz07 replied to puntloos's topic in Costing & Estimating
As above timber doubled maybe even 150%. Cement was 8 quid a bag at one point think it's back down around a fiver now used to be just over 3
