Jump to content

Tennentslager

Members
  • Posts

    1464
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by Tennentslager

  1. Buy a back to the wall WC and hide it all. Not much more cash and easy to clean http://www.wholesaledomestic.com/bathroom-suites/toilets/back-to-wall-toilets
  2. Had a few days off so doing the prep for the shed...managed a lick of paint in the loo too Doesn't look like much but tackled a jungle of bush with a friend's Lidl petrol strimmer Job done ? Update Tried the Glasgow Barras (flea market) for three items I wanted for the hut. An hour of raking through junk and found nothing other than a big teapot...but without its lid. Headed over to the west end dissatisfied but looking forward to a spicy curry from Mother India Cafe as compensation. One curry tapas medley later and thought I'd try some of the trendy second hand/antique shops in the area. Bingo Bango in the first shop. All three things on the list...30 squids! We got a catering teapot ( for heating water for washing up on the stove) a brass and copper coal scuttle and a nice toast fork...and I made a nice picture for you lot to look at since the forum is quiet.???
  3. Hey sensus old chap, Stop calling people stupid idiots, it's not a nice attitude.
  4. If it's painted over and brittle this might not work but I'd mix some wallpaper paste and brush it in behind where it's lifting. Give it 10 minutes to get soft and push the excess paste out towards the edge with a damp cloth. Keep rinsing the cloth to keep it clean and the wall clear of paste.?
  5. Opening old canals is a good thing...but expensive See https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Link Culverts were expanded and loads of new bridges built when they did the Forth and Clyde and Union canal link...and of course the Falkirk Wheel After a lot of questionable capital funding from the Lottery, this project got huge public acclaim 16 years later you can see why. Great pump primer for everything from cycle paths to waterside development. Previously it was a dark contaminated drinking den...at least in Maryhill.???
  6. Instructions on mine said just rest it on the shower tray and fix the support arm and wall frame. Mine has three grub screws on the wall fixing Then silicone the panel / shower tray gap on the outside edge. Been there 2 years no problem
  7. Nice images. I like the roofline at the back, very neat. well done so far!
  8. Hi Gillian and welcome from me too? Is a 'boiler of some age' a polite way of avoiding saying you've got and old boiler??
  9. Or if you can get 32 people it will be easy peasey...but you will need them to be able to listen and react as a team @recoveringacademic will explain It's why a platoon of mortarmen can pick up a Landover and hide it around the corner without breaking sweat Ask me how I know?
  10. This is what I've got. No moving parts and easy for me to clean as no one else on this house knows how to do it? Don't get me started on cleaning the shower tray, teenage daughters and over use of hair conditioner=dangerous slippery floor. Not too pricey http://www.wholesaledomestic.com/8mm-glass-wet-room-screen-1000#.V8805iPTXqA
  11. Any good? https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.njug.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/V1-Positioning-Colour-Coding-Issue-8.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjFwrfUmfrOAhXWFsAKHfC6BRQQFggkMAI&usg=AFQjCNFhzY5fDIDEo-f-Sz3OF0NYGinxqg&sig2=z_13syNdkUh07MYp1niIug
  12. Let's see a pic then Peter...
  13. You have probably achieved loads but as there's still much to do all the focus is looking forward towards what has still to be done. In the void now of having almost finished I'm lost at times for a task to keep busy. It does give time for reflection. I bet you have made great progress but you can't see the value so far. Time off is a good idea but for me I need a busy break. Just booked a three city tour across eastern Europe with cheap flights and trains. No time to worry, travel, beer, eat repeat . Best wishes!
  14. Hi Ferdi, Thought you were in Melbourne enjoying the southern spring? None the less, nice to hear from you, please send some pics of the beach volleyball?
  15. Let the fun begin! On a Friday too?
  16. http://www.screwfix.com/p/stanley-heavy-duty-staple-gun/62930?kpid=KINASEKPID&cm_mmc=GoogleLocal-_-Datafeed-_-Tools&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product Listing Ads-_-Sales Tracking-_-sales tracking url&gclid=CjwKEAjwuo--BRDDws3x65LL7h8SJABEDuFRh9rjlhrKrVedZpUDLZT1glqLQPyzm0ZUWSDqrvc-5xoC1tTw_wcB One staple every 400mm or so. ..bingo bango even on the roof!
  17. I'd keep the glass wool in its wrapper as much as possible Cut it outside and staple it in sections. I.e. have your insulation board cut and ready for a section then staple in the glass wool and get it covered up quickly. This will keep the fibres down. Plus one to a cool shower...
  18. Welcome MAB, out of interest why that name? Is it like madly ambitious builder? Mendacious altruistic brexiteer .. Or what?
  19. Good to hear of your progress. Exciting times ahead!?
  20. It's midgy free but a lot of wasps!
  21. I hate mine too. Can you not swap it for a sensor type...@Prodave
  22. Like the idea of playing Mendelssohn's music at full blast ( earphones) while approaching the cave .on my tick list ... jealous Or as an ex para, ride of the Valkyries
  23. Gas nail gun...made building my timber hut a fun and quick experience.
  24. I'm sure you've seen this but I'm case not, some useful documents http://www.preston.gov.uk/yourservices/planning/conservation-and-heritage/conservation-areas/fulwood-conservation-area/
  25. Hey Nod, Are you in one of these areas... Article 4 Directions Householders can normally make minor alterations to their houses without requiring planning permission such as changing doors or windows. This is called 'permitted development'. However in some conservation areas we have removed these 'permitted development rights' by making an Article 4 Direction. The conservation areas affected are: Avenham Fishergate Hill Fulwood St. Ignatius
×
×
  • Create New...