-
Posts
1464 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
7
Everything posted by Tennentslager
-
04-Toilet Ventilation system
Tennentslager commented on le-cerveau's blog entry in Rose Lane re-build
Nice research...maybe aluminium tape could be your new best friend? -
Russ I don't know but from previous answers to similar questions... You'll need planning permission for your new build...ergo you need to read read read the local plan and speak to planning You'll also need permission to demolish and think about services/access etc Good luck
-
I took a flake of paint to the valspar mixy place at B&Q and it was perfect Quick and easy
-
Sell it on Gumtree?
-
What length screws for battens?
Tennentslager replied to Crofter's topic in General Construction Issues
Get the nail gun out... solid , quick and you could hang off a batten like an Olympic gymnast -
I think we have been spared this in glorious Scotia *hopes he does* since we have an abundance of the wet stuff. In the future I see Victorian scale infrastructure projects pumping fresh highland water to the south in exchange for tariff free imports of fine crockery complete with images of young George the cute. Water may well be the new oil..I'm serious???
-
Not sure I understand the problem, where is the bath? This tool let's you grab the tap locking nut and squeeze your hand between the bath and wall if it's a typical bath. Maybe a good smear of plumbers paste between the taps and the bath and go for hand tight...
-
http://www.screwfix.com/p/adjustable-basin-wrench/14631?kpid=14631&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product Listing Ads-_-Sales Tracking-_-sales tracking url&gclid=CjwKEAjwz4u9BRCbioK3stnBznESJADA75xbgE1MRx7puJtgmUTBPuBWdeQLZiSC7Rq0V5DaUwEDlRoC2oTw_wcB Have you tried one of these? Still tricky, watch the skin on your knuckles
-
Yep that's how I'd do it... I got 10% extra and had nothing left, was just perfect amount.
-
I think all the experts say treat before installation. More work but better results . Means you can grade the boards too and put the best ones on top and the dodgy ones behind... Best ones for your main elevation Seconds for the gables Thirds for behind the top boards And forth ripped for battens or the fire
-
Very close to a barn dance party it looks...
-
I'd say as low as possible while retaining weather proofing. What type of door? Mine are upvc which come in a frame. Don't like the trip hazard as it's so high even with 25mm flooring inside which reduces the height...it's still around 40mm
-
It's a job application that I have to upload to a wetransfer account but it's not edited yet. Can I download from YouTube
-
On it Thanks
-
Hi forum, Need to see a video my youngest made on her new (S6) Samsung phone. File is too large to email...any offers of a solution
-
Birds don't eat my roof but it has happened...see http://articles.philly.com/1990-09-09/news/25878865_1_roof-membrane-roofing-resources-birds
-
EPDM...cheapish...dead easy. ..100% finish and forget.
-
I bet you're pleased. It looks great and will last forever
-
Final few questions before window install
Tennentslager replied to Crofter's topic in Windows & Glazing
Don't know if this will help re Q3 and 5 but what I did was make a frame from 4*2 that was 10mm smaller all around than the window. The cill and the head were at a 22.5 degree angle for rain run off. I cheek screwed this from the inner face through to the studs around the window. Long decking screws as they were angled about 45 degrees. This meant the window/OSB join was covered by this frame and was also the external reveal. The cladding was butted up to this frame . Sealed it using bog standard mastic. There's a decent pic on my blog if you zoom in on the gable windows. There was no need for a head on the other windows as they were tucked up under the eaves and never going to get wet. Hope this makes sense -
Final few questions before window install
Tennentslager replied to Crofter's topic in Windows & Glazing
This help? http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2002/03/15098/8744 -
Engineer who understands timber ...
Tennentslager replied to PeterW's topic in General Structural Issues
Email your local university engineering dept? Na forget that stupid idea. I'm in Glasgow so could pop into Strathclyde uni as an email might land on deaf ears Pop in or phone your local one, might strike gold. -
Rest and relaxation - escaping from the build
Tennentslager replied to Stones's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
Heatwave on Tuesday Get the prosecco in the fridge -
Google says 65p for cable per kilo or 3,25 if it's just the copper
-
Thanks but think I've got two spare?
