Jump to content

Oz07

Members
  • Posts

    3601
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by Oz07

  1. Usually If you get something big and bulky delivered damaged they deliver a new one or refund and leave damaged with you. Not a bad score if you can source spares
  2. Yeh we were doing a kitchen job for a woman with probably 7m by 5m floor. Was a garage conversion with timber floor with pir between. I talked her out of that Elec ufh after asking sparks the question. Radiators it was!
  3. An electrician once compared that Elec ufh uses same amount of leccy as a kettle on boil. Is that true? I don't understand the need tbh I live in a house now with vinyl bathroom floor and never feel like feet are cold. Had tiles on 1st floor bathroom in last place, again never really felt cold feet
  4. You can set 2 accounts up to email on iphone/pad then either view both inboxes at once or one. Forget how to do it just Google it
  5. Easy. 5m carpet and a nice runner offcut!
  6. Surely if you had a massive hose with no bucket you would always get same level? Mark a line on first leg take hose to other. Make sure water line level with first mark then mark second leg.
  7. Think a plan sketch be better for others to advise. Mark window door way drains etc
  8. You don't build a room to suit the carpets. Build roof first imo.
  9. would the spreadsheet @Jeremy Harris made to give you fabric losses be a start for your heating requirement
  10. quite a few of these sold off near me recently, went for crazy amounts
  11. I often think surface water drainage requirements as a bit heavy. For instance before the house was there water drained away. I'd perhaps just use a gravel filled French drain for now perhaps digging so there is a section which takes water away from the founds and gets deeper
  12. @nod how come you get a builder in to get the structure up yet aren't put off doing first fix wiring and plumbing yourself?! I'd be well frit of those two trades
  13. I've heard when skimmed out should be 60% there on cost but I think this is too low. Usually you have paid for your service connections at this point and all that is left is 2nd fix, kitchens, bathrooms, flooring and decor. Suppose depends how mad you go on spec
  14. Bloody hell all this talk of germs. I can't remember cave men having pots to wash let alone debating sink vs bowl germ amounts. Who wants to be the boy in the bubble
  15. Love a washing up bowl. Had a right nightmare trying to buy a new one other week. Anyway it's a high tech water saving device
  16. Ok if aircrete I think you may be as well with 3.5n underground. Unless you need 7n for other reason
  17. Interested in this thread. If I put cat 5 in to every box where my coax Ariel point is Would this offer any significant future proofing advantages or just a waste of money? I think I even see faceplates which have both points on them in single socket size. Waste of money or smart option?
  18. They say if you have one mouse you have 5 or something like that. Did some work at new micro brewery, council came out for food safety or whatever. Apparently if a pen can fit through the gap a mouse can get through. The grain store room had vented doors with chicken wire on the back. I just laughed! Get about 1000 nice through that. How's @Jeremy Harris getting on last I read we were at automatic engineered smart mouse trap!
  19. I used to use one of the folding plastic ones. Can't think why I would use one now use a tape for everything. Steel rule good for intricate bench joinery don't get much of that on site though!
  20. Treat internal and external leaf below dpc the same. Unless you have a fancy dpm detail it's a safe bet. I'd stick with 7n in your case you can get lighter ones. Otherwise I've used airated below dpc houses of mine before all good
  21. Got to be careful here. He's below dpc I gather. Agglite type can only be used below dpc under certain circumstances. Airated may actually be the better bet they take to freeze thaw better don't they? Otherwise it's dense 7n
  22. How much nod
  23. I think you'd be looking at 250 or less for the test
  24. Surely you just measure width of roof, multiply by length of roof to ridge (pitch by half depth of house, pitch likely marked on trusses in loft) then half it. That gives you one face. Multiply by 4 if square. Or by 2 if oblong them rinse and repeat other side
×
×
  • Create New...