Jump to content

Oz07

Members
  • Posts

    3601
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by Oz07

  1. My guy always uses foil tape on hidden plastic pipes behind dot and dab
  2. Deffo!
  3. I'm short of all skirting and arc after a cancelled delivery when merchants shut down after coronavirus. I could have got it all somewhere else for 30% extra. Was initially a no brainer. Then I thought why overpay to give myself a few days work when most others are in the same boat. 30% extra of everything to finish a place off adds up.
  4. What you pay for delta board. Used hardibacker on mine horrible to work with
  5. Inspector would have to be a Nazi to pull this up. Half landing breaks the flight imo
  6. @Onoff is there a thread for your gate? Is it a slider? What did it cost you?
  7. I've just spent an hour in your blog @tonyshouse have looked at it before but still interesting now. I feel like it used to have more pictures? Amazing how time flies I like the way you can't remember if you used the leg kit for the bath or not was only 2009 ha! Also found the comment about basement floor and bit of damp do I win a prize?!
  8. Shallower than 90 I should of said
  9. The medium of internet forums it's hard to get your message across sometimes! I should hope I know what I'm talking about been doing it long enough now! These days pre primed mdf gives a good contrast so you can see the shape to be cut out! Pro tip. If internal corners shallower than 45 you can then cut your scribe with your saw taking more out the back edge. Same theory as above and the joint will be nice and tight on the face.
  10. I still scribe internals but if you cut a 45 on one of them, the one you want scribing, this gives you the shape to cut out without bothering to trace with an offcut. Also as a 45 cut gives you the thickness of the board measuring is quicker/easier
  11. External mitres I usually look at corner and set saw to around 46/47 deg if looks a sharp corner. A joint always better if open at back rather than front. I also glue externals with mitre bond before fixing to wall. With internals again just cut a 45 on the piece you want scoring then remove the end grain. Perfect scribe no profile tool needed
  12. Oh hand saw!? Fair play bit think you'll struggle can't you borrow a chop saw
  13. What's up is your saw good quality and sharp blade?
  14. @joe90 why don't you move it with front bucket probably fit more in than that dumper!
  15. Just using sone bdec barn paint this morning. 're coating some stuff that's 12months old but 9nly because it has got filthy and knocked. Garage side door. Also doing an old cast iron stench pipe. The coverage rate is pretty good
  16. Nothing to worry about. Best stage to leave it tbf
  17. As long as the heating system can be swapped to ashp in future it's a no brainer isn't it?
  18. Why 3 separate coax @ProDave? I did coax and 1 cat6 in current place but don't know if cat 6 will ever get used. Check out @pocster devils corner thread
  19. What will be your hot water source? My layman's experience is a good chunk of the delay on hot water is waiting for a combi to fire up. If you're on a tank this is cut down
  20. I know what you're saying but how else do you keep everything on bends? That one basin could go into back of w/c drain connector, your w/c could also potentially boss into that Stacy removing 2 connections
  21. Basins could go off 90deg branch into upper third of drain if easier.
  22. If you bring it up on a rest bend with a y branch horizontally. You can put the farthest one on a 45 bend at bottom of rest bend and keep the drain in a straight line then
  23. I've had pipe that is half the weight of other pipe and sent it back so be careful. Think you're ok with any main manufacturer but be careful of independents selling super cheap gear compare it to decent stuff
  24. Finished pics today @LA3222
  25. At least you got it done congrats
×
×
  • Create New...