Jump to content

Temp

Members
  • Posts

    10690
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

Everything posted by Temp

  1. This co has larger doors.. https://www.kloeber.co.uk/about/faqs/what-size-front-entrance-doors/
  2. What do they use for the frame? Could you use two frames?
  3. I think you would be OK building a dwelling for a specific member of staff to live in. But he would need to live there 3 years. I think they would argue that a self contained staff/guest house with all facilities was really a separate dwelling under for CIL (but perhaps not under planning legislation). So not eligible for the exemption as you can't live in two dwellings at once for 3 years. Google found this about outbuildings and extensions. Not exactly what you are asking about but seems relevant... https://localgovernmentlawyer.co.uk/property/313-property-features/48811-work-sheds-and-cil I suspect the example you have hasn't been tested in court.
  4. https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/media/1715/bs-6891-2015-installation-and-maintenance-of-pipework-of-up-to-35mm.pdf Para 8.9.9 on page 33 suggest pipes can be run in floor voids provided they are ventilated to some standard.
  5. Rather old but.. https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/vented-gas-pipe.178146/ Google says TB 217 is now renumbered TB 113. Sadly it appears you need to be gas safe registered to access the technical bulletins.
  6. Sorry if this is obvious but... Did they just forget to print a page? I think I would check that the planning grant you were sent matches the electronic copy of the planning grant online. Forget about the Planning Officers report. If both copies are the same and you got all pages then I'd just get on with it. Is the missing schedule referred to elsewhere in the planning grant? If not then again I'd just get on with it. If you fitted really horrible out of keeping windows and the planners wanted to force you to rectify the situation I believe they would have to pay out for a Judicial Review (around £10k) and they would have to pay you compensation (costs to replace the windows). So over all I think it very unlikely they would go down that route.
  7. How much of the time will it be running?
  8. I only have an old set but if you PM me an email address I'll send you them 6x2 C16 joists are OK for at least 3m spans. Your shed is just over 4x3. If you decide to run them in the 3m direction I'd still support them mid span just to make it all feel more solid.
  9. Yes.. https://metro.co.uk/2021/09/08/kent-council-worker-rejects-planning-applications-by-mistake-and-calls-one-whack-15225658/
  10. Planning Officers reports aren't binding. It's quite common for Planning Committies to disregards Planning Officers reports. For example the PO might recommend approval/refusal and the committee might dissagree qnd vote the other way entirely. I've seen cases where the PO recommends approval, the committee refused it and the poor PO had to go and "find" valid reasons for refusal because the ones the committee gave wouldn't stand up at appeal. This case came up while I was waiting to speak at the planning meeting.
  11. My understanding is they cannot change it if its just an error. They can in some cases but its subject to paying compensation.. https://www.no5.com/media/publications/what-do-you-do-when-youve-been-granted-planning-permission-by-administrative-error/
  12. The void under suspended wood floors should be ventilated so I think it's OK. Thinking the pipe to use is Kuterlex coated copper but best ask a Gas Safe engineer what the rules are.
  13. You could always get your solicitor to do searches on your own house as a buyer would - just to see what it actually turns up.
  14. The flow and return manifolds both have hose ports. Perhaps you could rig up a temporary loop between the two? That would confirm if the pump and any valves or mixers are working.
  15. I don't either but the threat might make them see sense.
  16. 13 years and two kids on our osmo floor and stairs. No sign of needing a recoat. Some slight wear to the bull nose on bottom step due to people using it to avoid bending down to put on shoes grrr. Occasionally gets mopped with a damp mop.
  17. 4.3x3m at £25k is £200 per square foot. Seems expensive to me.
  18. You might be able to connect each stat to its respective actuator(s) but the wiring centre normally also performs a logical OR on all the stats to control the manifold pump and in some cases the Boiler Enable (BE) signal. Edit: I don't think its possible to perform the OR function just using wire without getting feedback from one stat to all the others. It needs relays or logic gates or similar which is what the wiring centre does. Might be possible if the stats have two isolated outputs? One for the actuator and one that can be wired OR?
  19. Stuck pins? If the loop you are testing doesn't warm up try removing the actuator head and seeing if the pin will move.
  20. I think I would write to them again asking for access stating that if not granted you have been advised you can apply for an access order under the act, together with costs for the work and legal expenses, which if not paid may be collected by a County Court judgement and ultimately seizure and sale of property by bailiffs. Spell it all out. Then say if access is granted you will cover all costs. If they agree get the supply split and leave theirs turned off. Another option might be to offer to purchase their flat at a knock down price due to the problem.
  21. I believe you have a right of access to repair pipes.. https://www.mylawyer.co.uk/going-onto-your-neighbours-land-a-A76076D34458/ http://www.problemneighbours.co.uk/rights-under-access-to-neighbouring-land-act.html
  22. Wet UFH and two towel rails fed from a thermal store. The towel rads are on a basic time clock but we also put a pipe stat on the return pipe. The latter just stops the pump to the towel rads running all the time and stops our thermal store being stirred more than necessary.
  23. The width is normally determined by the load bearing capability of the ground. Did you have a soil condition report done?
  24. When we did ours some years ago you could ask the till staff for a VAT receipt and they would write one on a pad for you. Others have just sent till receipts sometimes stapled to a sheet of paper with the companies VAT number on it. I think I would print out emailed receipts if you have them and staple the till receipt to that. Send both.
  25. According to one of the comparison sites both the Coop and Octapus are still offering 24 month fixed deals at 24p/kwh and 25p/day. That's a fair bit more than I'm paying now but a lot less than the 30p/kWH being predicted from April. I must be missing something.
×
×
  • Create New...