Bath Surround / Boxing In, and concealed pipework

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

I'd butter it up with silkabond both sides and bingo it'll be bombproof. 

?✌️️

Too late, someone's taken your crown!

Seriously, "both sides"? Surely just between back of the pan and face of tiles?

1 minute ago, Onoff said:

Too late, someone's taken your crown!

?. My talent is wasted. 

1 minute ago, Onoff said:

Seriously, "both sides"? Surely just between back of the pan and face of tiles?

Yes, I'll find the thread discussing this and post it later. 

And DONT call me Shirley. 

Thank crunchie it's Friday :S

Just been checking the height of our toilets in the new house as they look a bit low. We followed the installation instructions on the Gerberit frame and added the build up for the floor finish. So I measured the height of our current toilet to the top not including the seat and it is 40cm.  Checked the ones in the new house and they are just over at 41/42cm. So this seems standard unless you've got very long legs then you can set the Gerberit a bit higher!B|

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JanetE said:

Just been checking the height of our toilets in the new house as they look a bit low. We followed the installation instructions on the Gerberit frame and added the build up for the floor finish. So I measured the height of our current toilet to the top not including the seat and it is 40cm.  Checked the ones in the new house and they are just over at 41/42cm. So this seems standard unless you've got very long legs then you can set the Gerberit a bit higher!B|

Trying to plan ahead for when I have to wheel myself in and slide off sideways onto the loo.

Hence making the doorway wide and open wet room area.....they can just wheel me in and hose me down. 

• Like 1

I tend to put the seat level at 425mm. When I demonstrate the slightly higher ( referred to as 'comfort' ) height most older customers say it's much more forgiving. 

I would choose the 420mm option every day, regardless, and don't like a low toilet. 

Kids can use the chuck-away 'pee step' when their little legs don't reach, but...... "a loo is for life, not just for Xmas"

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

I tend to put the seat level at 425mm. When I demonstrate the slightly higher ( referred to as 'comfort' height ) most older customers say it's much more forgiving. 

I would choose the 420mm option every day, regardless, and don't like a low toilet. 

Kids can use the chuck-away 'pee step' when they're little legs don't reach, but...... "a loo is for life, not just for Xmas"

So top of closed plastic SEAT to finished floor at 425mm NOT closed plastic LID. Ta. 

Thanks all.

Just called into the local PlumbCenter on the off chance (had to go to the motor factors) looking at 110mm solvent weld. Silly prices even on their own brand. Seemingly if I had an account I could get 50% off. WTF? They were very helpful but I came out.