Bath Surround / Boxing In, and concealed pipework

11 hours ago, Onoff said:

So the missus likes this wc:

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Trento-Wall-Hung-Toilet-Pan-with-Soft-Close-Toilet-Seat/p/107328

The main reason is "because we can go and see it". I've yet to tell her that it's out of stock everywhere local anyway. Today, mind she's making perfectly good and frequent use of the existing old wc with this bug she's got. When it comes down to it I wish she'd just let me order one off the web!

Anyway if we do go for it I note it has a 100mm dia waste:

Selection_014

The Geberit fitting suits a 90mm dia waste seemingly:

20170129_125044

There is this thing in the kit of parts but seems it'll only take a 90mm pipe that'll only go in about 25mm.

20170129_125058

Is there a Geberit "100mm" part/adapter?

Cheers

The first part is the euro pan connector. You should have had a 90-110mm adaptor with the frame. Do you have the pic of the components from when you bought it? I'm sure I saw one. 

The second part is the actual pan connector which goes onto the pan. It gets cut to length and filed to a chamfer. That then pushes into the first part ( which is held captive on the frame by the black plastic shoe and clip ).

With me so far? 

• Like 1

These are the parts laid out:

Yep, I have the 90/110 adapter - see my post from Sat at 17:13 where I'd fitted it. I'd figured the euro pan connector goes into the 90/110 adapter then that goes into my brown soil fitting.

The pan connector surprised me, the pan outlet can't go in by more than an inch or so!

SAM_3420

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

In that parts pic I can't see a flush pipe ( the little brother to item 2 in the previous ). It is around the same length and has a ribbed rubber washer to fit into the back of the pan. 

It's there. Shrink wrapped in plastic and stuffed inside on of the larger pipes, itself plastic wrapped.

• 2 weeks later...

Been looking through the Terrain solvent weld catalogue that @Nickfromwales linked.

I have to go from the 90mm black Geberit pipe to 110mm brown soil:

20170128_163003

So from this at 90mm:

20170211_181655

To this at 110mm:

20170211_181708

I'm thinking this makeup so the only "rubber" seal is where the Geberit pipe enters. But I'm not sure on the joining piece between the two as indicated by the "?":

makeup

Looking through the aforementioned Terrain catalogue and the only parts that appear to suit is say this Ring Seal adaptor for the 90mm to go into. But will it? Don't know if this will fit at "?" above or if I need a short piece of solvent weld in between. Then will the 90mm fit in the rubber bit or is it meant to take 110mm?

rsa

Then a couple of these (the shorter ones) back to back:

ssb

Followed by this onto the brown soil:

Those bends are £18ea though I've yet to shop around!

Cheers

Edited by Onoff
Spellin, punctuashun

6 minutes ago, Construction Channel said:

try http://www.plasticdrainage.co.uk

iv always found them to be very competitive.........if they have what you need.

Cheers. Just looking at DrainageSuperstore which is WAY cheaper than the random place I first found. Just trying to figure what's solvent weld and what has a rubber seal in from the pictures!

I'm pretty sure you can't solvent weld onto the bent pan connector. I think it's a dissimilar plastic so beware. I recall sawing through one to reduce it in length, and it was a lot softer. I could be wrong, but why are you steering away from the 90-110mm adapter that came supplied to do the job :/ ?

20 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

I'm pretty sure you can't solvent weld onto the bent pan connector. I think it's a dissimilar plastic so beware. I recall sawing through one to reduce it in length, and it was a lot softer. I could be wrong, but why are you steering away from the 90-110mm adapter that came supplied to do the job :/ ?

Yep, it is a lot softer as you say. I don't reckon it will solvent weld.

Not particularly shying away from using the Geberit bit just mulling over, with the sketch, ways of cutting down on the rubber seals. You mean this bit on the right:

SAM_4963

That fits into a push fit like this:

SAM_4964

So I guess one of these to start my solvent "run":

ush43

I might be able to do away with the straight coupler in the sketch above and instead use a F/F Spigot socket bend glued straight onto the soil pipe.

Don't know if I need two 30o or two 45o etc.Trying to avoid ending up with loads of spares! 

If I use the adaptor then I end up with TWO rubber seals there, all hidden behind the tiled in wall. I'd like to get a fitting that will take the 90mm Geberit pipe via push fit one end and have a 110mm solvent tail the other. 

16 minutes ago, Construction Channel said:

I managed to miss the bit where he said "I already have a perfectly good adapter" !!

have you considered making one out of stainless? 

:) Enough to do! Am actually thing about making a pair of st/st brake disc shields when I replace the discs later this week as the the old shields (and discs) are a bit ropey. Either that or I'll knock up a washing soda derusting tank and see how the old ones come out.

589f86c92dc2f_113851704.thumb.jpg.f959ce71d3bed44332787bf5c1c6aaf7.jpg

Tbh it's the trailing arm bushes I'm not looking forward to!

3 minutes ago, Onoff said:

:) Enough to do! Am actually thing about making a pair of st/st brake disc shields when I replace the discs later this week as the the old shields (and discs) are a bit ropey. Either that or I'll knock up a washing soda derusting tank and see how the old ones come out.

589f86c92dc2f_113851704.thumb.jpg.f959ce71d3bed44332787bf5c1c6aaf7.jpg

Tbh it's the trailing arm bushes I'm not looking forward to!

are you hoping to mill that or form it? which i suppose would involve milling the dye? 

also and are you planning to start this before or after fitting the toilet? 

5 minutes ago, Onoff said:

:) Sheet metal and MIG actually:

http://craig-russell.co.uk/demos/cone_calculator/

I know a guy that will design you a 2 stroke exhaust from your cylinder capacity , port timings, and where in the revs you want the power and he will send you either a kit or the drawings made out just like that. 

Arcs, widths, lengths, and you just weld it together in situ to get the clearances you need,. :D

3 minutes ago, Steptoe said:

I know a guy that will design you a 2 stroke exhaust from your cylinder capacity , port timings, and where in the revs you want the power and he will send you either a kit or the drawings made out just like that. 

Arcs, widths, lengths, and you just weld it together in situ to get the clearances you need,. :D

Oddly enough.....

The house came with one of these buried in the garage. If ever I get around to playing with it I'll give you a shout :)

Selection_015.jpg.7e90ff80e557e0b273ed67e039912b29.jpg

4 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Oddly enough.....

The house came with one of these buried in the garage. If ever I get around to playing with it I'll give you a shout :)

Selection_015.jpg.7e90ff80e557e0b273ed67e039912b29.jpg

Oh, if your really lucky it'll be the C70, the fastest bestest one of them all, :)

And, indestructible,

I'll pick it up in the morning shall I ?  :D

5 minutes ago, Steptoe said:

Oh, if your really lucky it'll be the C70, the fastest bestest one of them all, :)

And, indestructible,

I'll pick it up in the morning shall I ?  :D

Pretty sure it's a 70, just to the left of yet another project:

qqb96e.jpg