Jump to content

Tennentslager

Members
  • Posts

    1464
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by Tennentslager

  1. Very nice that looks?
  2. Frame out the window and door reveals on the first floor and coach bolt thick OSB to make it look secure. You could reuse the OSB for summit on the build. Up here the council use metal plate and lots of signs but then again we have no squatters right laws in Scotland. usually if it’s a problem someone sends the boys around PS anyone remember Swampy? A touring environmentalist from Bristol I think who had a big following after living up a tree on the route of the planned M77
  3. Thank you. Lovely browse this morning of your photos All really wonderful, well done it’s fantastic
  4. I usually flush at least twice depends on how fast the cistern fills and on how marked the pan is...just saying
  5. Sorry @Ferdinand and @Ed Davies ive been at the pub watching the cup semi final (crap game but 2 red cards and 3-0 for Celtic) and saw this narrowest ever loo. would not be out of place in Amsterdam i had to turn sideways to do up ma zip
  6. To go with my new toilet
  7. This be the type I have, other ones run across to the opposite wall. I wouldn’t want to just rely on the wall floor junctions being attached. @Nickfromwales is your man but get it all sitting in place, dead flat at the floor junction (there’s room in the wall trim for out of square) and silicon on the outside only
  8. Did you also get a steady bar for the top corner?
  9. Yes the wall of map is opposite the wood burner ?
  10. It’s an empty sitting beside the door so I don’t forget to take to the car. ive taken to putting things by the door as the old memory is going somewhere else. I have the hut, the house, the flat and two offices and have forgotten keys so much I now nick about like a jailer with a bundle of keys like a bunch of bananas! BTW one of those LPG things has lasted 3 years
  11. This one looks good https://www.lawnmowersdirect.co.uk/product/husqvarna-236-petrol-chainsaw-35cm-bar/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwnKHlBRDLARIsAMtMHDG2QD-OqZ3JIlQp0xHs5mYsIEJruDYdCkaEV0hBBfqGLsziLDJ8ZzkaAp-IEALw_wcB
  12. You are of course very correct but I was going all estate agent and making the best photo ? decided today it’s tome for a new chainsaw as I’ve loads of big lumps of timber that need cut up into coins
  13. Spring cleaning at the hut today The £250 wood burner can chuck out masses of heat, might have to open the window soon? @JSHarris that’s the led lights you gave me sparkling away. The battery didn’t need it’s annual boost this year and is showing 13.8v on the controller.
  14. The human aspect made me weep and laugh and have pride in these oldy pioneers
  15. I bought dozens of boxes of nails via Gumtree at half or more the screwfix price. did suspect that some had questionable provenance as most sellers were building guys living in ordinary houses...some boxes *might* have been liberated from whatever site
  16. Is there not a conservation area report prior to approval of status being granted?. In ours that seems to be the bible and goes into detail about what needs to be kept and why. id hope planners then consult this.
  17. Nice paper @recoveringacademic Makes a good case , especially on such a fine day as it is today...well up here anyway ???
  18. Wowsers fabulous home, well done old boy!
  19. Latch keeper striker spring bit...
  20. Doesn’t answer directly but might help... ” If a bathroom or kitchen is to be provided in a room where there wasn't one before, building regulations approval is likely to be required to ensure that the room will have adequate ventilation and drainage, and meet requirements in respect of structural stability, electrical and fire safety.” from https://www.planningportal.co.uk/info/200130/common_projects/34/kitchens_and_bathrooms/3 if you avoid a sink (drainage) and a cooker (gas/electrical) you might be fine. All that said I employ home personal assistants and they have a sleepover room with desk TV bed etc but use the main kitchen. im fact cooking is one activity that can be inclusive for the carer and looked after person to participate in Also I encourage my guys to cook proper food from fresh in bulk and batch freeze. Dont know the set up with your dad but my folks have plenty spare time to plan, ship, cook etc
  21. Why not copy next doors exactly? it will look better, it’s bigger and you *might *be able to use the party wall and foundations although I don’t know if this is doable Thats if your window upstairs is not too low to follow that roofline
  22. A few pictures from my daughters new student digs for next year. It has LEED platinum awards see https://new.usgbc.org/leed
×
×
  • Create New...