Jump to content

Temp

Members
  • Posts

    10690
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

Everything posted by Temp

  1. PS: The nice thing about standards, is there are so many to choose from.
  2. There is no global standard size for the square door spindle ! Some are 7mm, 7.6mm, 7.8mm 8mm etc So locks are made with 8mm holes (?) on the basis that its better to have a loose fit than no fit. Tightening the grub screw may make the handles fit the spindle but the spindle will be loose in the lock. I recently purchased a 7.8mm spindle to fit the lock on our front door and ground down the ends to fit the handles. However for some sizes spindle adapters sometimes called "spindle converter sleeves" are available.
  3. How the flue exits and the clearance around it will likely be the main issue.
  4. If budget isnt an issue I recommended filling the CU with an RCBO for each power circuit instead of one RCD feeding lots of MCB. That way you aremuch less likely to loose power to the computer or TV when a heating element (toaster, kettle, oven etc) gets leaky. Edit: Ours is a 16 way metal Eaton MEM EAM16. Supplied by our electrician.
  5. The only other thing you might do is speak to the Parish Council. I called up the chairman and said I was looking to move to the village and had purchased the plot next to the church to build our home. I asked if I could call in one evening to introduce myself and show him the plans. He lived about 8 houses down the road from the plot. I ended up meeting his wife and kids and asked about the local school and village life. He did ask what the neighbours thought and I was able to say they had seen the plans and seemed happy. I think they liked the idea I wasn't a developer looking to make a fast buck so I recommend telling everyone that.
  6. https://www.constructionenquirer.com/2022/07/28/forterra-brick-prices-rise-30-in-six-months/
  7. Speak to neighbours. I gave them a set of plans before submitting the application.
  8. Why such small pipe? I'd worry about blockages due to leaf debris.
  9. Also needs details on how the slab will be insulated. Presumably the insulation is going on top? Floor levels vs balcony? If its going under then is there enough height above the side windows?
  10. +1 Perhaps design the steel to take brick/stone slips?
  11. We opted for oil in 2007. Hasn't been too bad choice so far despite recent hikes. If building again I'd go for much better insulation and an ASHP. The ASHP would have to be one that's well supported in the UK .
  12. I think its possible to make the case that the path isn't a highway used by vehicles so planning permission isn't needed for that reason. Much harder to convince them it's not just an attempt to turn amenity land into garden and that would need planning permission. You might consider appealing and at the same time submit a compromise planning application? Say for change of use and a fence 1m back from the edge of the path? They might decide not to fight it to avoid the costs of the appeal.
  13. I found this planning application for a 1.8m wall adjacent to a footpath.. https://democracy.lichfielddc.gov.uk/CeConvert2PDF.aspx?MID=1089&F=Final non confidential Planning Committee Agenda and Reports 20.03.2017.pdf&A=1&R=0 16/00658/FUL ERECTION OF 1.8M HIGH BRICK BOUNDARY WALL TO THE SIDE OF THE PROPERTY 14 WATERS EDGE, HANDSACRE, RUGELEY. FOR MS T PARKER Registered 13/06/16 Parish: Armitage with Handsacre Page 13 or 54.. Ping @Al1son
  14. Yes a footpath is a highway but she is pointing out the wording of the GPDO says "highway used by vehicular traffic". I've been told cars can drive on the grass verge beside a road if the verge is part of the highway. However I think a Public Footpath or Bridleway (as shown on the County Footpath map) can only be used by vehicles where there is specific permission. The Highway code says: The "lawful access" bit I think refers to dropped kerb permission. I'm trying to find out if this has been tested anywhere as I have a public footpath across my own garden and a paddock. I know its a "highway" but hope that doesn't mean people can use vehicles on it? eg Motorbikes?
  15. I would wait as there is a fee. If the neighbours are really upset they will complain to the planners. The planners may ask to come take a look. If you meet Permitted Development Rights they will go away and tell the neighbours that Planning Permission isn't required. End of story. If the planners think you don't comply they may send a "letter of intended enforcement". Don't panic. You have lots of options. Read the letter to see why they think it doesn't meet Permitted Development Rights. Then call and ask what they recommend you do. They may suggest a retrospective planning application and allow it just so they can tell the neighbours its all in order. You could also fix the problem and the apply for a Certificate.
  16. I think it's really very clear from this that even if you prove the path is not a "highway used by vehicles" they will argue that the fencing effectively makes it an enclosed garden requiring planning planning permission for change of use.
  17. This is what we did. Down pipe into 110mm with rubber adaptors. Have lots of trees and leaf fall but never been a problem.. From there the water goes to a leaf filter and rainwater tank. Overflow to piped ditch in the road verge.
  18. It gets you the security. To convert it to garden space would require a planning application for change of use from Amenity land to Residential Garden which they are likely to refuse.
  19. Waste of time in my opinion. Weed seeds blow around on the wind and can grow on any organic matter or soil that is above the membrane. I almost never water the lawn. Haven't done so yet this year. Perhaps think about laying a duct and draw rope for electricity to any future shed/bbq area?
  20. Does the screed and will the stone run through doorways? Without an expansion gap this can happen..
  21. No I mean the other wall like this.
  22. Just seen 17A says...
  23. Regulation 17 para 2 says... It sounds like they believe your occupation means the authority will consider it complete.
  24. My reading of the letter is that... They are obliged to try and issue a completion cert within 8 weeks of occupation UNLESS a time extension is granted. If no extension is granted they will try but be unable to issue a cert due to the outstanding issues. They say at that point the council BCO takes over and there might be a fee for that. My reading is they are optimistic of getting the extension. The extension if granted only runs to the date in October.
  25. I think at best they would allow a tall fence in line with the wall. Do some photoshop on this view.
×
×
  • Create New...