Jump to content

Temp

Members
  • Posts

    10690
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

Everything posted by Temp

  1. Our builder covered it with plastic even later in the year. The heat it gave off made the house warmer inside.
  2. As far as I can see the Labour proposal only delays rises until April. That would help a lot but what happens in April?
  3. Perhaps also.. https://community.ui.com/questions/SOLVED-Ring-Doorbell-Connectivity-Issues-to-Unifi/ea902167-d95b-4ac7-b2e3-48baf6498602 If I've understood correctly the solution is to set up the nearest AP/Router to create a network SSID just for the doorbell. If the SSID doesn't exist on other AP that should force it to connet to the nearest one.
  4. Perhaps check this.. https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/218144403-In-app-setup-failing-due-to-router-or-modem-issues UK Routers can use other channels, perhaps check which yours us using. Edit: I see it's on 11 so should be OK. Apparently that's not the whole story. I recall reading something about the presence of a 5GHz connection causing issues. You might try turning off the 5GHz band in the router temporarily to see if that improves things.
  5. I think the government was going to have to intervene anyway. The problem is how. I wonder if the EU has enough buying power to somehow force down wholesale Energy prices? Perhaps if a wider group of countries could agree? After all its essentially a supply and demand issue. This might mean rationing/allocating energy rather than fighting over it on the free market.
  6. Just seen that here.. "Energy price cap could pass £6,000 for first time in new forecast" https://www.itv.com/news/2022-08-20/energy-price-cap-could-pass-6000-for-first-time-in-new-forecast
  7. Boilerjuice chart for England says 88p/L but when I ordered just now the quote was 84.67p/L so not quite as bad as expected.
  8. Think it might be time for me. Heating Oil has been ticking up slowly for about a week. Currently 88p/L.
  9. Skylights. Sorry I was joking about white PV panels.
  10. We have these nice white panels in Kettering 😞 First one is a Primark distribution Centre..
  11. All over central England we have been build massive warehouses in recent years. None that I can see have pv on the roof. Some are millions of square feet. Then up the road there are PV farms being built on agricultural land. Madness.
  12. Perhaps I should have said .. They can hire them.
  13. "How to find and buy a Building Plot" by Roy Speer.
  14. +1 Imagine a down pipe has blocked and water levels in the gutter rise until overflowing. Can it get into the structure?
  15. Google found "G98 certified Enphase IQ7 Micro-Inverters"
  16. We had good architect for our new build and a great builder. Builder told me he never builds off plans, he always builds off the last bit he's built 🙂 What he meant was he never trusts even himself so allways measures before buying anything.
  17. Well it was until a few days ago. According to BoilerJuice it's gone up last 4 days in a row. I have a nearly empty tank and need to order soon. Sounds like it. I've been seeing articles like these .. "German Oil Refiner Is Seeing ‘Run on Heating Oil and Diesel" https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-08-04/oil-refiner-omv-germany-seeing-run-on-heating-oil-and-diesel "According to Wood Mackenzie, the continent’s stocks of road diesel, heating oil, and other diesel-type fuel are likely to shrivel this November to the lowest level since records began, dating back to the beginning of 2011" https://www.offshore-technology.com/news/europe-set-to-be-short-of-diesel-fuel-in-winter/
  18. Oil has now fallen to $88. This is less than it was before Russia invaded Ukraine. Yet petrol and Heating Oil prices are still way up there.
  19. Telegraph is reporting.. "Rough gas storage site cleared to start filling up within weeks"
  20. Worth a read.. https://www.neverpaintagain.co.uk/blog/roof-coatings-are-they-a-good-idea-or-not/ http://roofcoatingscam.com/will-roof-coating-invalidate-manufacturers-guarantee/
  21. If moss is a problem fitting copper strips at the ridge is an option, but I've never needed to do that, or clean a roof or get one "coated". I do recall hearing of cowboys on consumer programs that cold call and pressure sell you cleaning and coating work you probably don't need. I recall seeing one outfit clambering about on a roof waving a pressure washer about damaging tiles.
  22. I wonder how long it will take to get running. Statements like these are rather ominous.. Does that mean you will have to wait for your area to get a scheme running or could you buy credits in a scheme elsewhere in the country? Would it be better/faster if the government just required this to be funded by the CIL? That way money could be collected now and construction of houses begin while the mitigation scheme is worked out.
  23. So 25 cubic meters full of stone can probably hold what 10% of that? or 2.5 cubic meters of water. Would some sort of surge attenuation tank be an option?
×
×
  • Create New...