Plastering Moisture Resistant Plasterboard

Onoff

Big bonus is they're even funnier over there than you lot:

"Mate, there’s good advice from two who know their stuff.Listen.
Be a shame to bodge it all and miss the chance to bang her sister!"

?

• Haha 2

Old time served plasterer that taught me a lot used to have a bucket set up that he peed in and left for the entire job. He called it dirty water and he used this when he wanted it to go off quicker. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Big bonus is they're even funnier over there than you lot:

"Mate, there’s good advice from two who know their stuff.Listen.
Be a shame to bodge it all and miss the chance to bang her sister!"

?

Seems like they got the measure of you from the get go. You never told us you wanted to bang your SIL tho. Does the missus know? :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

Old time served plasterer that taught me a lot used to have a bucket set up that he peed in and left for the entire job. He called it dirty water and he used this when he wanted it to go off quicker. 

Water from a puddle will do the same and won't stink as much.

10 minutes ago, newhome said:

Seems like they got the measure of you from the get go. You never told us you wanted to bang your SIL tho. Does the missus know? :ph34r:

She hasn't got a sister and her Mum's nearly 90 ffs!  

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, CC45 said:

I think @Onoff should spread some jam on his walls - the plaster won't stick to it & he will give up.  BIL steps in and sorts the job out.  Result.

Finally got the knack of spreading this blue jam...

Edited by Onoff
  • Like 1

blue grit is great for removing dead skin - just let it set first.  Good addition to any bathroom - shame to skim over it.  No idea why you would want to put it on PB but its a free world

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Why would he blue grit it?!? Its new plasterboard not 30 year old render !

I give up :S

Blue grit should not even be in the building :/ 

In one way I agree that new PB shouldn't need anything.

The plasterboard is unused, but this bathroom is about 10 years in the making and plasterboard is hardly "new"

@Onoff is worried about suction. Generally if it is sucking in too much the PVA it, but he works at a similar pace to a man painting the forth road bridge with a 1/2" brush, with his arms tied behind his back, so won't get the plaster on quickly enough.

Blue grit is by no means a solve all, but it will reduce suction (and differences in suction if there are different substrates) and is used when compeltely dry rather than tacky like PVA.

I think we all agree that the BIL should be doing the job.

Why not get him in to consult on what you should do? Invite him for a BBQ on the day you are doing it and he will give you some tips and be able to take over if you make a hash of it!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, bassanclan said:

Invite him for a BBQ on the day you are doing it and he will give you some tips and be able to take over if you make a hash of it!

I think @Onoff said once before that he only likes playing with himself and doesn’t welcome others in his workspace :)

13 hours ago, PeterW said:

I think he should go outside and cut some nice hazel and hand split it then replace all this nasty board with some nice lath ....

Then lime plaster it, horsehair in the backing coat of course ......

First he'll need to plant the hazel seeds, manufacture the necessary tools , dig up some limestone, build a crusher, build a kiln, etc. We may be some time.

• Haha 1

We all know @Onoffhas got some broad shoulders otherwise he wouldn’t have made it this far.

But this is verging on bullying. 

The poor guy just wants to have a go at some plastering. I for one fully support his decision. (Maybe not on the blue grit but on wanting to have a go himself) 

my advice would be to let the BIL do the ceiling for you first. Just labour on him and learn what you can. I say this because when Your sat it the bath you will be staring straight at it. Then have a go at a couple of walls yourself. 

Whats the worst that can happen? 

BIL has to go over them again, but at least he tried. 

14 minutes ago, Construction Channel said:

my advice would be to let the BIL do the ceiling for you first.

Ain’t gonna happen. @Onoff is like ‘My Way’ Frank Sinatra. And if the BIL does the ceiling, every time he looks up from the bath he will think ‘I wish I’d tried’. 

It’ll all be good in the end; it’s just another twist in the bathroom bonanza :)

Edited by newhome