My architect suggest this for a family home, thought

Have you had an inheritance?

Charles Rennie Mackintosh over Frank Lloyd Wright any day (except the high-back chairs which I suspect go flub at the back-of-seat joint).

Charles Rennie Mackintoshes don't auto-collapse a few years after the architect popped his clogs.

Treating the question seriously (though you may be winding us up), that design (or a version of it) - CR's House for an Art Lover - was actually built in Bellahouston Park in Glasgow South Side in 1988-1996.

Design is contemporaneous to Lutyens - was done in 1901.

So you may have seen it.

Vid:

Piccies:

image.png.69e50fb8eba34bdedf17514854d905a4.png

image.png.d953d3da25e047cd57a45d305745a14c.png

image.png.07f9816f9fb0a11395d2238a5ae416ba.png

Probably full of fantastic ideas and detailing, but with slightly austere "strong bones"; I've always enjoyed visiting CRM buildings. But I don't think I could live with one ... I'd take a Goldfinger.

We did have someone on BH building something that was recognisably CRM inspired.

Ferdinand

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

image.png.d953d3da25e047cd57a45d305745a14c.png

I was going to say you don't want to build that with white render in an exposed location as it won't stay crisp and white and clean for very long.

This photo demonstrates that and I don't think this one is in an exposed location.

10 hours ago, Tennentslager said:

It's on a hill overlooking an estuary...white render all over and window detailing...

Answer: The Hill House, Helensburgh for the interior and the House for Art Lovers for the exterior?

Hill_House_7_(37376578142).jpg

crm1.jpg

crmh.jpg

Edited by Gow

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

I was going to say you don't want to build that with white render in an exposed location as it won't stay crisp and white and clean for very long.

Normal render with 2 coats of white masonry paint stays white a lot longer than the through coloured / monocouche stuff, as well as being less prone to algae and mould.

6 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

It says "House for an Art Lover" (Wohnhaus Eines Kunst Freundes) in the OP !

by Der Vogel aka Charles Rennie Mackintosh.  The food in das cafe is not bad at all and it's only a stone's throw from the recently refurbished Burrell Collection costing the locals a mere £30m with top ups to the tune of £68.5m from other sources. I give guided tours on Tuesday!

8 hours ago, Gow said:

by Der Vogel aka Charles Rennie Mackintosh.  The food in das cafe is not bad at all and it's only a stone's throw from the recently refurbished Burrell Collection costing the locals a mere £30m with top ups to the tune of £68.5m from other sources. I give guided tours on Tuesday!

My daughters wedding venue, lovely place but the acoustics leave a lot to be desired 

• Like 1