Oz07
Members-
Posts
3601 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by Oz07
-
-
Window guy I used to use built his own house. Stuck (litterally) the trickles on till it was signed off then whipped them off.
-
Tell us again how much you saved....
-
Good shout although in my old place I couldn't avoid it. Put a massive mirror in taking up the whole wall above the bath. Was good actually. Room felt twice as big. Trim beard over bath easy to clean.
-
Not being pedantic but wouldn't it depend on glazed area? I always understood airtightness to be the best bang for buck?
-
-
I think French doors are more forgiving if your just using 1 door all the time. Its a lot of expense to have opened up a handful of times but all depends how you live. I've always had French doors in my places and I never seem to open the slave door. We sit either inside or outside
-
Earthworm the frame fit stuff
-
Scrap that works best as is
-
I like it. Just a thought is the family bath better off there or on the side wall? Probably end up too deep on the side of house but you have more length that side
-
I've got cat 6 to every room, never used it once. Apparently good if you have virgin though? Think Wi-Fi boosters are the future
-
C'mon @AliG I know you jocks are tight but a man with a house as big as yours getting his hands dirty digging a hole like this?! Can't you get a local smackhead on the job. Is @ToughButterCup young strapping labourer available
-
Yes albeit not apples with apples. Been in this place 1 winter and before that was in a place I built 2016 ish. Similar u values similar size except this one a bungalow. Last air score around 3 this place just above 1. This place has mvhr, old relied on passive ventilation. I think the heating bills are very similar. Deffo no massive drop here. I'm not a Neanderthal I just about understand the concept. I think what you will find though is a lot of places which rely on passive ventilation, if they have a decent ish air score around 3 or 4 are probably under ventilated though. My old place used to have all the trickles open and small bedroom window open or on the latch, even in winter. My bills were not noticeably more. In any case if they recovered 100% heat then you wouldn't get people turning them down after building regs sign off! For me in a forever home I'd have one, for a commercial development not a chance. House buyers rather you spend 500 on a nest system and they'd probably think it saves them more money too!
-
Two minds really. I think the investment means you justify the benefits in your head. I like the idea of it but I don't really notice super fresh air like other people mention. Perhaps if I had a night back in a standard new build I would realise. I do think they increase your heating requirements slightly.
-
Mine have 150 cill on a 70mm profile and front of cill is about flush with brickwork. I have two course of plinth brick below. You know the 30mm cavity overhang is a minimum? Next size up is a 180 cill? Might be safer with that.
-
Got the original alloys on the e36 lovely old school with deep profile tyres non of this catching the wheel nonsense.
-
Every time I've built one standalone I'm suprised how much they cost
